PRM sweeps municipal elections

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I

I don’t think there will be a big turnout at the presidential either. I don’t think the PRM and Abinader is particularly popular but there’s no alternative really.
Uhm, er , yes Abinader is popular. There are various polls showing how he will win in the first round in the next election, while the former president and his main challenger has a rather high unpopularity rating.

Just google his poll numbers if you have any doubts. Abel should switch parts if he is able.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
HMMMM bob how do you know their is Corruption? My take is Abinader is trying to clean up decades of Corruption..
Perhaps the two or three government members that have been arrested for drug trafficking and money laundering, and the huge education scandal with the previous education minister that Abinader left in place even though it was obvious of the corruption....etc.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Perhaps the two or three government members that have been arrested for drug trafficking and money laundering, and the huge education scandal with the previous education minister that Abinader left in place even though it was obvious of the corruption....etc.
It does not matter what government is in place anywhere regarding the corruption that will happen due to drug trafficking.
There is just so much money to be made. The temptation is overwhelming as we see in the news weekly.

Education, is another story. I don't follow that as you do being in the business.

Of course there is corruption in governments here. That isn't going away even if not just for my first paragraph above.
Perhaps just a bit less overall corruption and more projects actually being completed with more in the works that probably would fall into the abyss if Abinader fails in reelection.

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Abel Martinez has done a fantastic job with Santiago since taking office back in 2016 but unfortunately
he represents a party many people have come to despise over the last 20 years. The PLD had their chance(s)
and they blew it.
I will try and follow the news about Abel. I do hear people talk about Santiago changing and being more organized than the capital.

Reactions: CristoRey

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I will try and follow the news about Abel. I do hear people talk about Santiago changing and being more organized than the capital.
I'm wondering if Abel just did this as a trial balloon. His chances were always slim to none. But now the entire country knows who he is. I don't know how old he is but something tells me he's really shooting for 2028.

Reactions: aarhus and JD Jones

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Bob I'm trying to figure out if you have the type of guy that sees the glass half full or half empty

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Where do you all see Carolina Mejia in that landscape. After Abinader who will be the PRM candidate ?

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Where do you all see Carolina Mejia in that landscape. After Abinader who will be the PRM candidate ?
It's not her time yet, she's gaining meaningful mileage at this point. Still too young and inexperienced, no matter whose family she is. Shows promise, however. Def a player to be considered in the future. Here to stay.

El Hijo de Manolo

It's outrageous, egregious, preposterous!
Dec 10, 2021
Dominican Republic
Bob I'm trying to figure out if you have the type of guy that sees the glass half full or half empty
Bob the Builder .png

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
I don't think Carolina will be there. They had to convince her to do another 4 years as mayor.

Reactions: CristoRey

aarhus

www.johnboyter.com
Jun 10, 2008
Yeah, around 50% of all registered voters didn't even bother... That's what I call support... :rolleyes:
I have heard something about Dominicans having to vote where they have residency. So if they have that in Santo Domingo somewhere but live and work in Las Terrenas for instance they have to go to Santo Domingo to vote. I would imagine that would prevent many from being even able to vote. Or at least it’s a hassle. Anyone know more about this ?