Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
once again, careful what you wish for
I guess I travel in different circles, all the flights, restaurants and stores I have been in are packed if not very crowded.I wonder what would happen if I asked anyone sitting next to me "hey man, you vaccinated"?

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
"A BETTER WAY TO ENCOURAGE VACCINATIONS"
This appears in today's WSJ opinion page. It is a very thoughtful piece written by a Dr. that understands the side that doesn't want to be vaxed, although...

Disclosure: (1) I didn't know if I could link this here on DR1. I don't keep up to date on the latest TOS.
(2) I have been vaccinated.

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Mandated to get access to FOOD, to TRAVEL ... we almost there .

The right to KEEP your job , to earn a living being stripped away. ? You approve of this ?
Unless you are in the HEALTH field . that is as BLATANT a violation of Your Human Rights as it gets .
This only applies to the numbskulls that ignore Medical Science and put the rest of the population at risk.................

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A story on how CV19 is now endemic.

That future may be hard to imagine with intensive-care units filling up yet again during this Delta surge. But the pandemic will end. One way or another, it will end. The current spikes in cases and deaths are the result of a novel coronavirus meeting naive immune systems. When enough people have gained some immunity through either vaccination or infection—preferably vaccination—the coronavirus will transition to what epidemiologists call “endemic.” It won’t be eliminated, but it won’t upend our lives anymore.
Did I not state that CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay?
I think so... 😇

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Jan 9, 2004

FDA grants full approval to Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 vaccine, opening door to more vaccine mandates​

And on top of that, the Pentagon is announcing a possible vaccine mandate for all military personnel. The military has been one of the most resistant groups to take a vaccine.........but they may likely have to water that down a bit..............perhaps new incoming members.

Either way, the pressure is on Moderna and the others to get full approval..............because one of the mandates for being approved for emergency use authorization was that there are no better alternatives available................and now that there are..............Moderna and the others could be precluded from providing their vaccine.

Best of all, for those selling Pfizer today (PFE)...............you got a nice parting gift..............my thanks to the FDA.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
A story on how CV19 is now endemic.

That future may be hard to imagine with intensive-care units filling up yet again during this Delta surge. But the pandemic will end. One way or another, it will end. The current spikes in cases and deaths are the result of a novel coronavirus meeting naive immune systems. When enough people have gained some immunity through either vaccination or infection—preferably vaccination—the coronavirus will transition to what epidemiologists call “endemic.” It won’t be eliminated, but it won’t upend our lives anymore.
Did I not state that CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay?
I think so... 😇

Yes, you did state that.
But a close look at the use of the future tense in the excerpted passage advises us that we are not at the "endemic" stage just yet.
I suspect there will be a fair amount of misery before we get there.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I still don't understand why people get so worked up over this. I could care less what the next person does. If you want the vaccine, get it. If you don't want it then don't get it.

Even the tin hat crowd has to start seeing the positive results from the vaccine but it should be 100% your choice if you do not want it. I believe if it is legislated and becomes mandatory it opens a Pandora's box that will be difficult if not impossible to close.

So if you decide not to get it please keep some space between us and don't breathe on me.

Reactions: SKY and johne

NanSanPedro

Nickel with tin plating
Apr 12, 2019
Boca Chica
yeshaiticanprogram.com
I still don't understand why people get so worked up over this. I could care less what the next person does. If you want the vaccine, get it. If you don't want it then don't get it.

Even the tin hat crowd has to start seeing the positive results from the vaccine but it should be 100% your choice if you do not want it. I believe if it is legislated and becomes mandatory it opens a Pandora's box that will be difficult if not impossible to close.

So if you decide not to get it please keep some space between us and don't breathe on me.

I 100% agree with you on the don't get worked up part, but I fail to understand why I have to stay clear of you if you're vax'd. If you are vax'd, then allegedly you're immune or at much lower risk of a fatality or serious illness from the Wuhan Flu. From what I understand, if someone is vax'd, they can still pass the vax on, regardless if the other person is vax'd or not. I'm just not following the logic.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
I 100% agree with you on the don't get worked up part, but I fail to understand why I have to stay clear of you if you're vax'd. If you are vax'd, then allegedly you're immune or at much lower risk of a fatality or serious illness from the Wuhan Flu. From what I understand, if someone is vax'd, they can still pass the vax on, regardless if the other person is vax'd or not. I'm just not following the logic.
No one is immune.
I’ve mentioned before that my daughter-in-law is a Critical Care Doctor. Her hospital is very well known, she is director of one ICU and works out of 2 of them. She told me Saturday that both are filling up with unvaccinated people AND an alarming number of vaccinated seniors over 65. Both groups are dying. The vaccine may be losing strength for those vaccinated in January and February. ☹️

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
AE..
I see you are getting accurate & REAL TIME info .... not something we see in the MEDIA ,, is it now ....

The Rage Googling experts may wanna pay attention , and read that again ..
The Hospitals are advised to NOT talk about this though .. why is that ?

How many people with Antibodies have died or are dying ?
Another topic they wont touch .. ask her .

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
The story of Covid will be one of a situation that would have required an "all hands on deck" approach.
The virus knows nothing from politics, yet politics became a major player in the game.
All the trite nonsense about freedoms and the "my body, my choice" jingoism aside...
The bottom line is that, in the rich and privileged countries of the world where the vaccination is readily available, many claim their right to refuse it.
Meanwhile, in the poorer countries where access is not so easy, people are on their knees begging for an opportunity to get the jab.
Typical.
Perhaps the western countries who are faced with such recalcitrants, should send their vax supplies to those under privileged places.
I'd bet we'd see an upswing in demand for the vax at that point.

How dare you consider sending our supplies to God forsaken areas of the globe. They are ours'. We want them. We need them.
Here's my arm. Jab it.

Absurd but...
Not far off the mark.

Reactions: SKY and OwnRules

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
The story of Covid will be one of a situation that would have required an "all hands on deck" approach.
The virus knows from nothing about politics yet politics became a major player in the game.
All the trite nonsense about freedoms and the "my body, my choice" jingoism aside...
The bottom line is that, in the rich and privileged countries of the world where the vaccination is readily available, many claim their right to refuse it.
Meanwhile, in the poorer countries where access is not so easy, people are on their knees begging for an opportunity to get the jab.
Typical.

Perhaps the western countries who are faced with such recalcitrants, should send their vax supplies to those under privileged places.
I'd bet we'd see an upswing in demand for the vax at that point.

How dare you consider sending our supplies to God forsaken areas of the globe. They are ours'. We want them. We need them.
Here's my arm. Jab it.

Absurd but...
Not far off the mark.
Meanwhile, in the poorer LESS EDUCATED countries where access is not so easy, people are on their knees begging for an opportunity to get the jab.
Typical.

I FIXED that for you ...

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I
I just don't like people in my private space. Never have. I don't understand why we have to wear masks on planes if everybody tested negative and 70% are vaccinated. I have now had 3 vaccines been tested negative 3 times and had covid once.

I think I am pretty much immune to it. I just don't want people breathing on me.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Meanwhile back at the ranch, health care workers and health care systems are being decimated.
Politics played a role.
Unforgivable.

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
Meanwhile back at the ranch, health care workers and health care systems are being decimated.
Politics played a role.
Unforgivable.
I'm sorry but that's whinny union speak. If nurses spent as much time working as they do talking and complaining amongst themselves there wouldn't be a problem.

Want to see the covid numbers drop. Quit testing everybody who has a runny nose.

Reactions: jd426 and Big

OwnRules

Dec 26, 2002
twitter.com
Meanwhile, in the poorer LESS EDUCATED countries where access is not so easy, people are on their knees begging for an opportunity to get the jab.
Typical.

I FIXED that for you ...
You got that exactly backwards - it's the "less educated" countries that are following the science:

The American Medical Association, American Hospital Association, and American Nurses Association on Pfizer approval:

“Although the three widely available vaccines for COVID-19 have been shown safe and highly effective through intense study and research, the FDA’s announcement Monday should instill confidence in those who, until now, have been wary of the emergency use designation given to these vaccines,” said AMA President Gerald E. Harmon, MD. “The message could not be more clear: This vaccine is safe and highly effective in preventing severe illness, hospitalization and death due to COVID-19.”

Status
Not open for further replies.