Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
3 doses of Sinovac is better than mixing with Pfizer: Turkish minister

Study shows Chinese vaccine offers highest protection overall when taken consecutively

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coron … h-minister

A Turkish study of more than 30 million vaccinated citizens indicated that the highest level of protection was seen in people who received three doses of inactive vaccines, rather than in those who received two doses of inactive vaccines and one booster shot of an mRNA vaccine, the country's Health Minister Fahrettin Koca said on Wednesday........

Turkey is 80% vaccinated

Reactions: cavok

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
Vaccinated people hospitalized with Covid.

Yup. Here we are folks. The Truth about the ineffectiveness of these experimental vaccines is slowly coming out.

Just recently is was Israel, now it's the UK.

Come to find out you took an experimental vaccine with unknown long term side effects for absolutely nothing.
The Pfizzler vaccine is definitely not living up to expectations.

cavok

Silver
Jun 16, 2014
Cabarete
3 doses of Sinovac is better than mixing with Pfizer: Turkish minister

Study shows Chinese vaccine offers highest protection overall when taken consecutively

https://asia.nikkei.com/Spotlight/Coron … h-minister

A Turkish study of more than 30 million vaccinated citizens indicated that the highest level of protection was seen in people who received three doses of inactive vaccines, rather than in those who received two doses of inactive vaccines and one booster shot of an mRNA vaccine, the country's Health Minister Fahrettin Koca said on Wednesday........

Turkey is 80% vaccinated
I decided a while ago that, if I do get a booster, it will definitely be one of the inactivated virus vaccines.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Two Sinovac and 1 Pfizer booster. Tested yesterday and about equals 2 Pfizer. Upper 90's% covered.

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
Too bad Moderna not available in DR. It protects against Delta

We are still learning. It's a slow process that the world has as a #1 priority . IMHO, research and medical has been outstanding. We got the jabs that we could get and moved on with a booster knowing that we, all of us are not near the end.
We are still at the beginning.

Reactions: thompstr
Jan 9, 2004
You made my weekend. Fantastic. My favorite brand of vaccine. :)
Moderna appears to currently be the clear leader in the vaccine space, followed by perhaps Pfizer. There are some other interesting candidates but they have not yet emerged enough to challenge Moderna's seeming dominance.

What is interesting is a story out in AsiaTimes.com. Seems the senior Chinese officials did not take Si No Vac;

From the article;

"Chinese media reported that all the deputies of the Chinese parliament as well as the top political advisory body, the Chinese People’s Political Consultative Conference, received SinoPharm vaccines before this year’s plenary session in Beijing in March."

Another tacit admission that Si No Vac is really more placebo-like?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I wouldn't rush to make Moderna the leader of the pack because of 1 non peer reviewed study. Pfizer has the same technology and has been basically equal to Moderna in all the other studies, and now somehow its long term performance is drastically worse than Moderna. Doesn't make sense.

Jan 9, 2004
I wouldn't rush to make Moderna the leader of the pack because of 1 non peer reviewed study. Pfizer has the same technology and has been basically equal to Moderna in all the other studies, and now somehow its long term performance is drastically worse than Moderna. Doesn't make sense.
I would not and have not rushed out to take any of them just yet...........especially placebo-like Si No Vac.

But the study I did see on Moderna was peer-reviewed and if forced to vaccinate..........at this point it would be Moderna. Are you referring to something you read in a non-peer reviewed study?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Ecoman1949

Born to Ride.
Oct 17, 2015
Exactly. Both MRNA and dead virus vaccines have their pros and cons. Bottom line is one or the other still provides a degree of protection that lessens your chance of dying if you contract COVID and it’s variants. Some may perceive them as evil but they are necessary evils during pandemic times.

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
I would not and have not rushed out to take any of them just yet...........especially placebo-like Si No Vac.

But the study I did see on Moderna was peer-reviewed and if forced to vaccinate..........at this point it would be Moderna. Are you referring to something you read in a non-peer reviewed study?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
I am referring to common sense. In a world where we are told vastly different things from various experts, common sense and patience comes in handy.

Reactions: Lobo Tropical

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
We are still learning. It's a slow process that the world has as a #1 priority . IMHO, research and medical has been outstanding. We got the jabs that we could get and moved on with a booster knowing that we, all of us are not near the end.
We are still at the beginning.
I would say we are in the middle of something with no end. CV19 is here, there and everywhere to stay.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
I repeat.
Took the antibody blood test a couple of days ago.
2 Sinovac then a Pfizer booster. The results showed that the 2 Sinovac equaled 1 Pfizer at that testing time.
Appears that antibodies decline with time with all vaccines.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Has been reviewed and reported that 6mo later.... less protection... for all vaccines

Not ONE gets stronger over time

Just like us - they deteriorate !!!

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Has been reviewed and reported that 6mo later.... less protection... for all vaccines

Not ONE gets stronger over time

Just like us - they deteriorate !!!
We’ve passed the 6 month mark now ☹️
Last weekend friends of our son had a backyard birthday party for their 1 year old. Everyone now has Covid, including the baby. Nothing serious, but still, and of course, baby not vaccinated.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
Last weekend friends of our son had a backyard birthday party for their 1 year old. Everyone now has Covid, including the baby. Nothing serious, but still, and of course, baby not vaccinated.
Thanks AE for the real hands on report. Where was the party DR or USA?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
And that kind of thing is exactly what is going to happen everywhere from now on. CV19 has gone from pandemic to endemic. All vaccines seem to be declining over time. It was a likely outcome for vaccines against a coronavirus since those vaccines do not kill the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.