Problems with Vaccines.. past and present.

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Well, at least she only has to pay a copay. Is that standard for insurance plans to cover unlimited numbers of covid tests?

At some point it will probably fall under the category of "pre-existing condition".
Insurance companies are not known for too much in the way of benevolent payouts.
Wait for it.
It won't be long.

Reactions: Ed Gein

Tarheel

Dec 19, 2005
That is CERTAINLY YOUR RIGHT , 100% agree.
but if I may , is that not the OPPOSITE of the Same Lady DENYING you Entry, and a Haircut , if YOU were not vaccinated?? ?
Would you not feel just a little " discriminated " against ?
or better yet , the very REAL Restaurant Example playing out in NYC right now ..

Denied access to a sit down meal , because you are not Vaccinated

do you kind of see how its different ?

not arguing .. just curious what your thought process is here .
I can go everywhere because I'm vaccinated. You on the other hand will have trouble going anywhere unvaccinated. Get it?

Jan 9, 2004
At some point it will probably fall under the category of "pre-existing condition".
Insurance companies are not known for too much in the way of benevolent payouts.
Wait for it.
It won't be long.
What is the pre-existing condition? Refusal to get a covid vaccine?

Moot point in the US anyway. Insurance companies can no longer refuse to cover you for pre-existing conditions.........it has been that way for some time now.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Reactions: jd426

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
What is the pre-existing condition? Refusal to get a covid vaccine?

Moot point in the US anyway. Insurance companies can no longer refuse to cover you for pre-existing conditions.........it has been that way for some time now.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Is that a USA thing. When I redo our travel insurance in Canada for when we go to the DR one of the first questions is "do you have any pre-existing conditions".
If you answer yes you are not covered for that condition or anything that may arise from it or can be linked to it. Your rates also get jacked

Jan 9, 2004
Is that a USA thing. When I redo our travel insurance in Canada for when we go to the DR one of the first questions is "do you have any pre-existing conditions".
If you answer yes you are not covered for that condition or anything that may arise from it or can be linked to it. Your rates also get jacked

Yes. and it may also be elsewhere, but I am only familiar with the US system;

From HHS.gov;

Pre-Existing Conditions​

Under current law, health insurance companies can’t refuse to cover you or charge you more just because you have a “pre-existing condition” — that is, a health problem you had before the date that new health coverage starts.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I suggest you are wrong according to the code that applies for disobeying an order. Under Article 92 failure to obey a direct order can certainly lead to a dishonorable discharge. It is a worst case option, but nonetheless is possible, unlike you stated that it cannot happen.
I received so many shots in the service I really dont know what some were for. Depending on your assignment or where you are deployed you might get more. You roll up your sleeve or you get out, minus your bennies. The enlisted ranks are even more stringent.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
I can go everywhere because I'm vaccinated. You on the other hand will have trouble going anywhere unvaccinated. Get it?
Hmm. I travel all over, at no time have I ever been asked if I was vaccinated.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012

From HHS.gov;

Pre-Existing Conditions​

Under current law, health insurance companies can’t refuse to cover you or charge you more just because you have a “pre-existing condition” — that is, a health problem you had before the date that new health coverage starts.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Ah yes.
The Affordable Care Act.
Brought to the people by that guy with the funny name.
God forbid.
For the moment "the people" are protected.
That is not to say that there are some who are prepared to fight tooth and nail to overturn said protection.
There is a tinge of irony there.
Is there not?

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Let the games begin.....

Goldman Sachs mandates vaccines for its workers and visitors.​

By Lauren Hirsch
  • Aug. 24, 2021Updated 5:46 p.m. ET

Goldman Sachs told employees on Tuesday that it will require anyone who enters the bank’s U.S. offices, including clients, to be fully vaccinated starting on Sept. 7, making it the most prominent Wall Street bank to issue such a broad requirement.
The announcement, in a memo obtained by The New York Times, came a day after the Food and Drug Administration gave full approval for the Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine, a move that many large corporations had been seeking before making mandates.
President Biden seized on the F.D.A.’s approval, urging private businesses to protect their workers through vaccinations.
“If you’re a business leader, a nonprofit leader, a state or local leader, who has been waiting for full F.D.A. approval to require vaccinations, I call on you now to do that,” the president said on Monday. “Require it.”

• Wow
Reactions: Ed Gein and cavok

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I was in the Marines for 4 years. Dishonorable is reserved for the worst of the worst. A medical discharge is also a general discharge.
Thank you for your service, But I guess we will see soon what kind of discharge comes from disobeying to get vaccinated or else.
That can certainly be called a problem with vaccines.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006

From HHS.gov;

Pre-Existing Conditions​

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
$200 extra per month if you do not get vaccine. Playa do you expect a court battle? https://apnews.com/article/lifestyl...rus-pandemic-06f736ac985d59c38c2ae8201f717d91

Jan 9, 2004
$200 extra per month if you do not get vaccine. Playa do you expect a court battle? https://apnews.com/article/lifestyl...rus-pandemic-06f736ac985d59c38c2ae8201f717d91
At first impression, this is much like the Jacobson (vaccination) case decided by the Supreme Court in 1905.........except that was a city (Cambridge, MA) attempting to mandate vaccination for its residents against smallpox.

In that case the Court upheld the vaccination mandate, but also allowed those who did not want to be vaccinated to pay a fine/penalty. The Delta (airline) situation has common characteristics with that decision and likely their counsel read it closely and carefully before they came up with this option.

That having been said, this is a different era and the standards of review used by the Supreme Court then may be vastly different than those applied now.

I think it stands for the moment, but will likely be challenged, because the argument they raise that the high costs incurred to treat Covid patients is perhaps no different than an insured employee who takes expensive weekly dialysis treatments or one who ends up needing a transplant or cancer treatments. The examples for a legal challenge are almost endless on examples like that. What would stop/prevent Delta from surcharging those employees too. The only obvious difference is that Covid is contagious and my other examples are not.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

lifeisgreat

Enjoying Life
May 7, 2016
American thing ,Obama care over 10 yrs ago enacted ..trying to keep crazy rates down..

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004

Sinovac studies in Dominican Republic show reduction in hospitalizations and deaths among those with two doses​

But you can't believe anything you DO NOT AGREE WITH.................So go ahead and rant................

Jan 9, 2004

Sinovac studies in Dominican Republic show reduction in hospitalizations and deaths among those with two doses​

But you can't believe anything you DO NOT AGREE WITH.................So go ahead and rant................
Rant? LOL. This is too easy...................if you bother to read.

A study of...............wait for it.................Fifty.............50.............people...............that began.............wait for it................August 17th.

Now there is a study you can believe in................and apparently some do.

That is almost as outrageous as the claim 99.9% of the people in Altagracia province had at least one dose of the vaccine.

Or those stories about tourism being ahead of pre-pandemic numbers....................until you actually read the government numbers.

Next.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Rant? LOL. This is too easy...................if you bother to read.

A study of...............wait for it.................Fifty.............50.............people...............that began.............wait for it................August 17th.

Now there is a study you can believe in................and apparently some do.

That is almost as outrageous as the claim 99.9% of the people in Altagracia province had at least one dose of the vaccine.

Or those stories about tourism being ahead of pre-pandemic numbers....................until you actually read the government numbers.

Next.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2
Keep posting your nonsense...........................

Exemplary tourist recovery of DR: rises to 73% hotel occupancy

David Collado, Minister of Tourism, explained that the Dominican Republic has had an unprecedented recovery in the tourism industry and continues to reaffirm “the commitment we have in the sector.”
“When we took control in the sector this reached about 15 thousand operating rooms with an occupancy rate of 15%, today we have more than 73 thousand rooms open with an occupancy in recent weeks of 73%”, he said.
He said that bookings for December exceed 26%, which was had in the same season for the year 2019

Reactions: cavok
Status
Not open for further replies.