Project names - request

planner

.............. ?
Sep 23, 2002
I have been asked by a client to create a thread for them. They are looking to develope a real estate project and are thinking of names. The project they are planning will be higher end, villas, condos, boutiques, golf course etc.....

What do you think it should be called???

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
I have been asked by a client to create a thread for them. They are looking to develope a real estate project and are thinking of names. The project they are planning will be higher end, villas, condos, boutiques, golf course etc.....

What do you think it should be called???

What part of the island?

abe

Jan 2, 2002
You need to determine if the place name is sufficiently well known to serve as a "brand identifier". If it is, it should include the place name. If not, then you should think about whom you are trying to attract. My guess is that it is not aimed at a family market and that it is targeting North Americans and wants both a golf and a water identification. If you can't reveal the location, which I understand, you should be able to tell us in a sentence whom you are targeting and what image you want to portray. If you cant do that, you don't have a good enough story to tell you and you need to refine it. Good luck--if you can give more details, I will offer some ideas.

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
What I want to know is - if we help you out and your client likes it - do we get part of your commission for being the creative ones????? LOL

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
What I want to know is - if we help you out and your client likes it - do we get part of your commission for being the creative ones????? LOL
It MUST be something to do with the year we arrived here Marlie ,,,,,,,,,, My mind was going EXACTLY the same direction & was about to post a humorous comment to this effect!!:surprised

A SIZEABLE donation to charity will do fine for me planner!:bunny: ;):bunny:! ~ Grahame.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
This is difficult without more information, especially a list of names of other developments in the area so as not to duplicate. I can understand your client not wanting to share this information on a public forum but it's too much to ask without the necessary info. Also, as Grahame and Marlie have pointed out, it is the sort of task that people get paid good money to do...

The usual thing would be to use a Spanish/tropical/Dominican sounding word that is familiar to the ears of the target market and that evokes nature, relaxation and natural beauty (some more serious than others) - Las Magnolias, Las Amapolas, Palma Real, Brisas del Mar, Mondongo Mansions, Amber Cove, Bachata Bay, Puerto Escondido, Valparaiso Villa, Punta del Norte - or some faraway exotic/jetset location - Colinas de Beverly, Montecarlo Bay, Capri Cove, Villa Cana, Marina Azul, Bali Hai Bay... maybe whimsical/mystical - Seventh Heaven, Merlin's Retreat, Shangri La, Nirvana, etc. I'll stop now because the last few sound like names of beach cottages in Herne Bay...

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Mondongo Mansions

I think that's quite brilliant. Maybe to fit the 'higher end' planner refers to it should be 'El Olor de Mondongo Mansions' or 'El Whiff de Bavaro Buildings' or 'El Ruido de Mar Flats' or ....................maybe those are too much like Herne Bay too? Alternatively 'Madrillera Mansions' or 'Riqueza Retreat'.......

N

naturelover

i thought id had an original idea for a moment lol.....i knew id heard it before....seashell seashore developments...

N

naturelover

brugal heights
tropical ocean.....there must be one already

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
It is a Long time since I was involved in this sort of thing so maybe things have changed a bit BUT, ....... I thought it all depended on certain basic marketing requirements.

Location is one, type of property (in this case) another, what 'IMAGE' the company is trying to promote a possible third, the market it is trying to capture could be number 4. It really is impossible (in my humble opinion) to come up with any names UNLESS you know the designs/desires/wants/hates of the client concerned!

Just as a (hopefully) helpful suggestion to planner, I query the desire to place such a post here. If I was the client, I would now have serious reservations about & also question the abiliy of a consultant who I am paying good money to do a job for me, putting it out on a forum such as this. I recognise the inspiration that some posters might have on such a topic & a variance of names will possibly spark an interest in the client ........ BUT .....! If your client is not one who regularly visits this forum, you might want to reconsider the pro's/con's of putting it here & act accordingly. ~ Grahame.

Texas Bill

Silver
Feb 11, 2003
www.texasbill.com
Gramme;

You're absolutely right!
I think this is the case of an individual requesting information about which he has not the imagination to fulfill.
Talk about Plagerism!????

Texas Bill

abe

Jan 2, 2002
Bush Baby--I asked for similar details in an earlier post. Maybe we will get some. I hope the OP doesn't shrink from putting them up in the wake of other posters doing what people do on this site. Sure, her client might scratch his/her head if he found her subcontracting the task here, but what the hell. It's just a word game.

N

naturelover

isnt it just having a bit of fun......i think you all must remember what that is

marliejaneca

Bronze
Oct 7, 2003
I have been asked by a client to create a thread for them

I think that there has been a misunderstanding - if you go back and reread her first sentence, the client has asked Planner to start this thread.

Marlie

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
Well spotted Marlie! I think if someone asked me to start a thread for them, unless they had a vision impairment or some such, I would warmly invite them to join DR1 & do it for themselves based on the self-reliance factor needed by those planning to operate a business in the DR. But then..........I'm not a consultant. Come to think of it, that's probably why........:) ;)

naturelover, if you look around Sosua you might find that On The Waterfront has been already used.

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Sorry Marlie, I was reading THAT sort of 'thread' as being a theme throughout the scope of the company's operation & the things they intend doing down here - i.e. an ongoing theme for marketing purposes. If the client DID ask planner to place a thread on DR1 for names, then she is absolutely right to do so. Question then is "Why not allow more details to be posted on DR1"? I am sure the client recognises the need for people who post here to know where, which company, what the market is that the client wishes to attract etc. (as in my previous post).

If it is JUST names to describe a condo block ....... you can pick those out of yellow pages (or similar). ~ Grahame.