Promoting Musicians

Mr. Lu

Bronze
Mar 26, 2007

Both of it. No problem if you don't like them music is a matter of taste.

No problem. It's just a matter of understanding the DR music scene. I love urban music, etc. It's what I do in my spare time. I keep my ear to the ground for trends, sounds etc. Keeps me young at heart. I'm an old foggie, my time has passed. I can see the gray hairs. Too many...

But best bet is to shop this around your target demographic and have them give you the feedback you need. DR1 is not your target demographic. Honest truth is these cats need to be polished. Big time. Their "image" places them in at a certain demographic, where their success could be limited. For them to step out of the demographic and have "more" success they will either need a "different" hook or a catchy song a la "Pepe". Videos, music, presentation, image, and the overall act need a touch.

But like I said, I am an old foggie, what do I know? They could make the next one hit like "Pepe." If they do point to me as one of the ney sayers and send me a PM saying "I told you so..."

Good luck,

Lu

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
It is not an imitation of any kind. This is a totally new style

Michael:

As a musician, these guys are "nothing special", do they have potential, of course, all young artists do with the right manager and connections.

Does Daddy Yankee have any musical "talent", I don't think he can even sing on key!

Take a look @ Carlos y Alejandra, a blatant rip off of Aventura as well as Monchy y Alejandra. They somehow made a top 40 single that got decent airplay both on La Mega and in Santo Domingo. They had a manager that knew what he was doing to get doors open.

My point is, if you believe in them and have the time/ resources to back them, by all means go for it.

You never know unless you try, maybe they are the next Doble T & El Crok?

tambo'