Proper Nutrition: A Photo Essay

jrjrth

Bronze
Mar 24, 2011
Great recipe...just like the original Buffalo NY version...and its the only version we eat...looks delicious

SKing

Silver
Nov 22, 2007
Cobra, what can I use instead of the hot sauce for the kiddies? Would bbq sauce be an acceptable substitute? They have sensitive palates.:)

SHALENA

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
CB:

Those are some serious looking wings, I will bring the Marie's Blue Cheese Dressing next time I pass through Jarabacoa.

tambo'

May 29, 2006
Awesome !!! Like how you showed what ingredients you used.

Maybe a new thread for cooking in the Dominican Republic ???

It would be good to have a cooking thread and not just for Dominican foods but also where to source ingredients and what to make using Dominican ingredients. There are threads all the time on fish, meat and lobsters.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
Cobra, what can I use instead of the hot sauce for the kiddies? Would bbq sauce be an acceptable substitute? They have sensitive palates.:)

SHALENA
Shalena, instead of the hot sauce, substitute 2 tbs prepared garlic and 3tbs tablespoons of parmesean cheese and then toss the wings.

Also high on the yummy list.

Or use 1/2 the amount of hot sauce; they'd be spicy but not hot.

Actually the sauce I used isn't that hot, just a nice spicy tang...

You ~could~ use BBQ sauce but that would make them kinda sweet.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
It would be good to have a cooking thread and not just for Dominican foods but also where to source ingredients and what to make using Dominican ingredients. There are threads all the time on fish, meat and lobsters.

That's not a bad idea :)

Let me talk to the girls at Dominican Cooking and see if they can help out.
Plus you can also go to their site, they have an excellent forum.

Aunt Clara's Kitchen - Dominican Cooking

And yes, those wings look real good!