Proud owner (I hope) of a new inverter

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
As a follow up on my earlier post:

My new 3.5 Kw Hardline Inverter is not charging batteries. The charge light comes on etc, but I think the voltage output is miscalabrated or something. Since it is new I hope to be able to exchange it.

gmoor

Jun 3, 2004
inverter made by eddy

AZB said:
I have a dominican brand inverter (made by eddy in capital) and guys, its a work of art. If you open the cover and you would think it was assembled in japan or USA. The design is perfectly suited for dominican republic (input voltage fluctuation, shorts and over loads). I have the unit installed in my home for 3 years and never had a problem. The only time I know the lights are out is when I try to turn on my A/C. His units are designed by him (real engineer) and modified to suit your needs. Unlike trace, if it goes bad for some reason, the repair will only cost you few hundred pesos. I also have a unit by him in my office. The old design had a few defects but he new design is flawless. If you want his number, send me a PM.
AZB
Could you please let me know who is Eddy ?!

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
gmoor said:
Could you please let me know who is Eddy ?!
Call eddy on his cell phone: 856-8029 santo domingo. He can make the unit to your needs and will have it installed anywhere in the country. He speaks very good english. I am currently using his unit as there is a black out in my area. I have had this unit for years and without problems.
Points to note: His unit is practically impossible to burn with over-load. the unit would simply shut off if there is a heavy load connected by accident ex: toaster, water heater or even a dead short. It will charge the batteries even if the incoming voltage would to fluctuate between 80-120 volts. Clean design, done professionally, no loose wires or hanging parts. Only one main board inside so less things to worry about going bad. If it ever does break down, it could be repaired for a few hundred pesos (few dollars).
I say, if you have money, then buy trace but I am very happy with my inverter.
Have a nice day.
AZB

Gringo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Great move!...............Now how are you going to charge those batteries?

santanatwins said:
Well, after some sweat and tears on my wifes part, I finally purchased an inverter for the apartment. I was hoping all you knowledgible and wise folks could tell me if my purchase was wise and worth the price

2.5 K watt Power Maker Inverter 24 volts 15,000 pesos
4x12 volt 150 amp batteries @3100 pesos 12,400 pesos
Installation Material (wires, connectors,etc) 3,000 pesos
Electrician 2,500 pesos

total 32,900 pesos= 723 US dollars

1 year gaurentee on the unit and batteries.

It was a professional installation, no wires showing except for the ones connected to the batteries, and took about 4 hours. He even corrected a faulty wiring circuit I had somewhere in the living room that prevented me from using 6 outlets in the living and dining room.

I know it?s not a Trace Inverter but it was recommended by a friend that has purchased a similar unit in the past and hasn?t had any problems with it. The independent contractor-electrician also told me he had installed many of the the same units without an complaints.

I was told if I want to run the Friegh, I can but that I should purchase 4 more batteries. Let me know if I bought wisely our should I hide my head in shame for not consulting the board first.

I bought my Trace 3.6 about five years ago and the Trace batteries were sh**. We now use Trojan and would not be without.....

The problem that we are up against once again is that there is not enough power to charge those new batteries of yours, As I understand you need at least 10 Hrs. of power to charge them correctly. ( I stand to be corrected ) And I think the power problem will get much worse before it gets any better.

To get around this problem we bought a Honda 6.5 Generator...$1000.00 US.

Good Luck

Gringo

gringo in dr

May 29, 2003
I don't think my power has been off for a combined total of 30 minutes in the past 6 weeks. Knock on wood!