Provisional Residence or Residence Card

SmoothSax

Aug 11, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
I never got VIP. It's 14000 pesos, medical included. Than 4000 for your cedula and another 1000 pesos for your residency. The greatest thieves are in Migracion.

I would like to begin the process of getting my cedula. Where would I get the paperwork to begin the process? And is the price change if I would like to do the process myself without using a lawyer or an attorney

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fulano2

Bronze
Jun 5, 2011
Europe
You start at the consulate of your country.
They will give you a list of the required documents, translated and legalized.
With time you will receive a temporary VISA from your consulate.
Once here you have to make a personal account and page on www.migracion.gov.do. Scan all the documents in jpg. and
Upload them.
They will revise the documents and after a while you will be invited to go the capital, there you hand all the documents, pay the 14.000 ( in my case they charged me 28.000. Overstay) and the next your medical exam.
Then wait untill everything is ready.

SmoothSax

Aug 11, 2008
Miami, Florida, United States
You start at the consulate of your country.
They will give you a list of the required documents, translated and legalized.
With time you will receive a temporary VISA from your consulate.
Once here you have to make a personal account and page on www.migracion.gov.do. Scan all the documents in jpg. and
Upload them.
They will revise the documents and after a while you will be invited to go the capital, there you hand all the documents, pay the 14.000 ( in my case they charged me 28.000. Overstay) and the next your medical exam.
Then wait untill everything is ready.

Great. So I need to find the Dominican consulate in Miami Florida, that's where I currently. But I also have an apartment in the capital of Santo Domingo, of which I have been living for the past four years

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
I will be Renting an apartment in Santo Domingo soon, i am working which to apply for first, the Residence Visa, Provisional Residence or Residence Card. Which card should i do first and could you tell me how much it will cost and how long it will take to obtain the card

First of all what country are you coming from? The residency process starts in your home country. You need to get a number of documents, including a criminal background check, with fingerprints. These must be translated into Spanish and submitted to the nearest DR Consulate in your home country. Then you need to bring these to the DR with you, hire an attorney to walk these through the submission process. If you are coming to the DR without having done this than you will not have the proper paperwork to apply for residency.