PSA, Dufry moldy cigarettes

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Decided to buy smokes for friends back home. 2 different brands and both were infected with black mold. Contacted dufry customer service be email and 3 days later only a form letter blaming Covid for a slow reply. If there is a heath department in RD and I mean if, they should be contacted. This is only a PSA so be careful. I should have been more cautious because the 3 carton box was 40 bucks cheaper than back in November. Edit; POP airport.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
Decided to buy smokes for friends back home. 2 different brands and both were infected with black mold. Contacted dufry customer service be email and 3 days later only a form letter blaming Covid for a slow reply. If there is a heath department in RD and I mean if, they should be contacted. This is only a PSA so be careful. I should have been more cautious because the 3 carton box was 40 bucks cheaper than back in November. Edit; POP airport.
Is smoking mold any more dangerous than the other carcinogens in tobacco products?

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
Is smoking mold any more dangerous than the other carcinogens in tobacco products?
Both qualify as disgusting. I doubt POP will do anything to assist you but contacting the Puerta Plata Tourism Dept wouldn't be a bad idea.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
You beat me to it. I suspect there are not contacts that will help in this matter.
Probably a little less risky than breathing untested chemical flavors and aromas into your lungs from a non sterile plastic tube. I was always amazed by the people who wore a mask when they were alone, and then walk up to me and blow moisturized Covid air from their lungs into my face while they talked to me.

• Haha
Reactions: NanSanPedro

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Probably a little less risky than breathing untested chemical flavors and aromas into your lungs from a non sterile plastic tube. I was always amazed by the people who wore a mask when they were alone, and then walk up to me and blow moisturized Covid air from their lungs into my face while they talked to me.
A neighbor regularly sprayed his house with chlorine and the DR famously "disinfected streets" .

As for the moldy cancer sticks, just say no... Next time.

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
A neighbor regularly sprayed his house with chlorine and the DR famously "disinfected streets" .
I wouldn't actually have anything against them "disinfecting" the streets more often... I mean, after they did that, we had like 3 weeks without mosquitos, flies, or any other bug, it was AWESOME!!! :ROFLMAO:
For the topic at hand. This is irony at its finest, :LOL: Complaining about mold on something that is already filled with so much harmful stuff and then calling it a PSA, now that's comedy :LOL:

Reactions: windeguy

Jumbo

Bronze
Jul 8, 2005
Seriously people. I send out a PSA and the replies are all to common. No wonder so many helpful posters have left. So smoking is bad whiles getting lit all day on rum answering posts sarcastically is all so much healthier. Have a nice weekend sitting in front of your computers waiting to sh!t on any and all posters.

reilleyp

Dec 12, 2006
Seriously people. I send out a PSA and the replies are all to common. No wonder so many helpful posters have left. So smoking is bad whiles getting lit all day on rum answering posts sarcastically is all so much healthier. Have a nice weekend sitting in front of your computers waiting to sh!t on any and all posters.
Rum doesn’t get moldy. Just saying.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I have never had my meal spoiled by second-had rum fumes
Sorry but smoking is an outdated nasty habit, and to all smokers, it is never too late to consider your health and those around you