public swimming pools in DR ?

Lucifer

Silver
Jun 26, 2012
Not to offend, Chip, but I'm told PUCMM is for riquitos, jevitos, gringuitos, e hijitos de papi y mami. I'm not even qualified to swim in Santiago city sewer, let alone take a dive at PUCMM's pool. Besides, I have no bouyancy.

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Not to offend, Chip, but I'm told PUCMM is for riquitos, jevitos, gringuitos, e hijitos de papi y mami. I'm not even qualified to swim in Santiago city sewer, let alone take a dive at PUCMM's pool. Besides, I have no bouyancy.

I've never been to the pool but have been thinking about it because of back issues. As far as trying to impress anyone I doubt a 47 yr old gringo with a beer belly would impress anyone. :)

BTW, if you are in Santiago now why contacted me so we can get a beer? :)

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
BTW, if you are in Santiago now why contacted me so we can get a beer? :)
beer? or an exorcism? :)

seriously, i do not understand why blood tests but i hear the pool in PUCMM is great. a friend is a teacher there and she plans to enroll her kids and husband for swimming classes. the pool is very big, swimming courses are done by professionals and by the looks of it the environment is sterile ;)

and chip, you gotta start swimming. i started few months ago and i have zero muscle pains since. even when i overdo the gym or get some pain the swimming helps and can be done even if your legs hurt too much to walk, after using too much leg weights.