Puerto Plata seeks to become popular destination for Colombians

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
La-Quinta-Puerto-Plata-Listin-Diario-1024x701.png

A large mission of Puerto Plata tourism business people traveled to Bogotá, Colombia to participate in the Anato Tourism Fair from 28 February to 1 March 2024. Arajet recently opened a direct flight to Bogotá, Puerto Plata, and the expectations are for more Colombians to come and enjoy the tourist attractions of the north coast. Likewise, Colombia is now a short flight away for residents in Puerto Plata and nearby provinces.

Colombia is the Dominican Republic’s third largest source market, only behind the United States and Canada. 306,000 Colombians visited the Dominican Republic in 2023, up 20% from 2022. The boom in travel between both countries is attributed to the improved air connectivity. Today, several airlines compete provide accessible fares, resulting in a steady flow of tourists in both directions.

Read more in...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Interesting that a new flight is added to POP. One problem. Go to https://www.arajet.com and try to book it.

No dates are shown available in either direction despite being able to call up Bogota to Puerto Plata or vice versa.

Maybe some day?

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
Interesting that a new flight is added to POP. One problem. Go to https://www.arajet.com and try to book it.

No dates are shown available in either direction despite being able to call up Bogota to Puerto Plata or vice versa.

Maybe some day?
As they have just announced it I am sure that the dates will appear soon. I will definitely book a flight with the family there now that they are flying from POP

Reactions: windeguy

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
It will be very popular for the women who see the DR as a new source of revenue.

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
As they have just announced it I am sure that the dates will appear soon. I will definitely book a flight with the family there now that they are flying from POP
True, this is the DR and Arajet is a DR company.
What was I thinking when I thought they would actually have the flights they just announced?

Reactions: tee

Tom0910

Sep 28, 2015
I see Colombians (not working girls) on the beach in Sosua all the time,not sure how or where they come from or how they get there but I see them very regularly.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
We have 4 Colombian students and one Venezuelan student. There has always been a Colombian presence in Jarabacoa (horse ranching)