punta cana cheap acctivities to do during the day

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Take the commuter bus all the way to Macao Beach in northern Punta Cana, and watch the surfers. That beach is free and worth the trip. Think the commuter bus will cost you about $60 (think you need to change bus at one point), so for RD$120 you can go and return to your more central place in Punta Cana.*

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
Macao Beach also has a nice restaurant that serves fresh fish for a very reasonable price.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Take the commuter bus all the way to Macao Beach in northern Punta Cana, and watch the surfers. That beach is free and worth the trip. Think the commuter bus will cost you about $60 (think you need to change bus at one point), so for RD$120 you can go and return to your more central place in Punta Cana.*

This is not a worthwhile venture, unless you want to leave the resort and get on an extremely overcrowded local bus, get hassled by beggars and be taken to a beach which is no different from the one at your resort. IMO

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
This is not a worthwhile venture, unless you want to leave the resort and get on an extremely overcrowded local bus, get hassled by beggars and be taken to a beach which is no different from the one at your resort. IMO

Macao no different from the one at his resort? Have you been there?

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008

Do Not Do This!
Should not get on Any buses here.
So not wirth it! *Macao Beach ok but Not For A Special trip.
Please save yourself from this.

jeb321

Bronze
Dec 12, 2008
Hi
Looking for some fun cheap things to do in PC. I have seen the incredible prices to zip line *or to take a trip somewhere.
*$80 perperson or more. Im not paying that. *Any advice

Advice?
Stay put!
Nothing here worth any of the greediness the vendors looking to sell to you. *Not one trip worth it. *Enjoy what u have

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
Yes I have been to every inch of the island. I speak from experience, I don't sugar coat it. It is what it is.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I happen to enjoy going to Macao and watching the surfers. None of the hotels I've visited in the area have the waves Macao has.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I happen to enjoy going to Macao and watching the surfers. None of the hotels I've visited in the area have the waves Macao has.
Not just the waves - Macao has very different scenery and atmosphere.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Yes I have been to every inch of the island. I speak from experience, I don't sugar coat it. It is what it is.

Perhaps, but you are a glass empty person like you seem to be, it is hard to believe you have an objective opinion. A negative nabob is what you are.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Perhaps, but you are a glass empty person like you seem to be, it is hard to believe you have an objective opinion. A negative nabob is what you are.

Why do Dominicans put bars on their windows and doors? Because they know whats going to happen if they don't. they are anticipating the worst. Does that make them negative? We just don't live that way here in the states.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Why do Dominicans put bars on their windows and doors? Because they know whats going to happen if they don't. they are anticipating the worst. Does that make them negative? We just don't live that way here in the states.

Plenty of houses here in Jarabacoa without iron.

northernale1

Apr 2, 2006

really most everyone has locks on their doors, not as drastic but it certainly is not door left open policy

and also in the states many have "electronic bars"... monitored security systems are a huge business in the states.. im not sure if such services are available in the DR or not, but in my eyes security system is similar to bars on windows, one is highly visible other not so much

kapitan75

Jun 3, 2005
Under $10!

uno-cards.jpg

You could get a nice game of gin-rumi going with gin and rumi.

All seriousness , make some vacation friends at the resort to pass the time,

If you can find your way to bayahibe or dominicus, a lazy day at the public beach there, with fried fish and cold beers, and scout your next vacation. You can find beach snorkleing at a near by resort, Tracedero?