Puntacana Resort bets on technology and takes the leap, reopening 1 July

Dolores

Administrator
Staff member
Feb 20, 2019
Westin-Punta-Cana-Grupo-Puntacana-e1591105692100.jpg

Puntacana Resort will be opening together on 1 July. Punta Cana Resort includes the Four Points by Sheraton, Westin Punta Cana and the Tortuga Bay. The Puntacana Group that owns the hotels says they are putting technology to work for the comfort and safety of all. Whatsapp and a company mobile application will replace people to people interactions. Check-in and check-out will be possible through the website and company app. Guests will be able to pay for their rooms, access all menus, make restaurant reservations at the website. The good news is that lots of these technologies will stay, giving guests more time to enjoy what the hotels have to offer.

Following with the new protocols for facing Covid-19, the Puntacana Group hotels announce they are meeting the highest international standards. They are reinforcing and implementing rigorous deep cleaning...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sep 22, 2009
In other words the normal sanitation procs that one would expect in places where thousands normally gather to rub their greased up chicharrones against each other, scratching various poorly kempt body parts then grabbing community buffet serving implements. Urinating in pools and drink glasses so you don't have to give up your spot in the sun where you work on an embarrassing lobster tan, saying grassy a$$ and poor favor with the accent on the wrong sylláble because you feel cool to be living the exotic dream.

Reactions: Big

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
Having never been to a resort, it sounds like a dream to me...Until I read Whatsapp :unsure: ...Uhm, no gracias, can't picture myself with a bunch of people having my number, then getting randoms KLK

etolw

Banned
Oct 6, 2018
Having never been to a resort, it sounds like a dream to me...Until I read Whatsapp :unsure: ...Uhm, no gracias, can't picture myself with a bunch of people having my number, then getting randoms KLK
Been there. Done that. Lasted three days and the bed broke.

They laughed and said it was OK

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
It's worth pointing out that none of the hotels in question are all-inclusives. 4 Points is an airport hotel, Westin is a large beach hotel with à-la-carte restaurants, and Tortuga Bay is a highly exclusive boutique hotel. The main change will be that breakfasts will no longer be buffets in 4 Points and Westin.

In TBH the butlers already wore white gloves, now they will also wear masks.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
In other words the normal sanitation procs that one would expect in places where thousands normally gather to rub their greased up chicharrones against each other, scratching various poorly kempt body parts then grabbing community buffet serving implements. Urinating in pools and drink glasses so you don't have to give up your spot in the sun where you work on an embarrassing lobster tan, saying grassy a$$ and poor favor with the accent on the wrong sylláble because you feel cool to be living the exotic dream.

and Sinorita

and the saying is --- the empAsis on the wrong syllAble

ROLLOUT

Silver
Jan 30, 2012
This will never work. Whistling past the grave. firstly, where will the tourists-flights come from_ it wont be enough to keep the hotels paid, much less staffed.
another thing is that employees and guests will be asked to wear masks...........