Question for all you men

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I hear you I know many women who are bone skinny and think they need to diet it's awful!
I"m no skinny bone and no fatty I'm happy with me and that's how all women need to be but it's hard for many to love themselves for who they are! I also enjoy working out and like to take care of myself and I do enjoy my sweets ;)

I must say I haven't seen any fat dominican women so far on any of my visits. Well North American women could learn of few things from the DR women don't you thing?

PeachezNcream84 said:
I know! That really bothers me about North American views..however it comes about..through the media or through the family...whatever...

My friends skinny 5 year old sister stands in front of the mirror and pinches her skin...oh wait..I mean her "fat" and complains!!!!!!

And we wonder why there are so many ppl with eating disorders these days...

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
And you mentioned your friend was bemoaning her skin getting dark? Is this a concern for a lot of the women down there?[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is, and to a very large extent. I told her that it is one of the things that I find so attractive about her(you know how they say opposites attract) because she looks so lovely with a tan. I'm trying to get her out of this self-loathing thing so that she understands that dark skin is not the curse many dominicans think it is.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
It is crazy I think I look better with a tan a little colour makes my skin look better I think!
But there are other countries who think the lighter you are the better. I knew an Indian girl who said she was always known as the pretty one becasue she was fair skinned compared to her sisters.

I've also been told that some women bleach there skin that's scarey not sure if true since I've never known someone myself who would do that.

M

Mr.Mark

Dominican men value a well rounded, lift up, juicy and meaty butt. That's for sure! :nervous:

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Music said:
I must say I haven't seen any fat dominican women so far on any of my visits. Well North American women could learn of few things from the DR women don't you thing?

Music, believe me, they do exist. The downside of tolerance for a wider range of body sizes is that a lot of people are not health conscious when it comes to diet and exercise. If you go to any public place in Santo Domingo you will notice a significant number of overweight and even some morbidly obese people. This cuts across gender, age groups and social sectors. It has to be due mainly to the extreme sedentary lifestyle - especially in the big cities - as well as the growing popularity of junk food.

Ricardo900

Silver
Jul 12, 2004
Food Quality

Music said:

Dominican women in NY is starting to get a little fatter, by third generation born, they will be as large as the rest of the american women.
Look at the women from Puerto Rico, after about the third generation, they are big as houses, lol.
It has a lot to do with the quality of food they are eating and America has the fattiest food.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
I believe you just haven't seen any yet :laugh: Are there many fast food chains in Santo Domingo? I've been there yet so I couldn't say but normally on islands the city becomes a bit Americanized no?
Yes it is what you eat because I don't eat fast food myself and I'm sure if I did I would look different. I just enjoy chocolate and ice cream too much ;) But as long as I am active and work out I'm okay! I have always been active since I was young played sports all the time and worked out.

Chirimoya said:
Music, believe me, they do exist. The downside of tolerance for a wider range of body sizes is that a lot of people are not health conscious when it comes to diet and exercise. If you go to any public place in Santo Domingo you will notice a significant number of overweight and even some morbidly obese people. This cuts across gender, age groups and social sectors. It has to be due mainly to the extreme sedentary lifestyle - especially in the big cities - as well as the growing popularity of junk food.

Music

Bronze
Apr 19, 2002
www.flickr.com
Yes your so right! America does have the fattiest food it's awful! It's funny thought fast food really cheap healthy food expensive. They just want us all to be fat and unhealthy in this world no?

Ricardo900 said:
Dominican women in NY is starting to get a little fatter, by third generation born, they will be as large as the rest of the american women.
Look at the women from Puerto Rico, after about the third generation, they are big as houses, lol.
It has a lot to do with the quality of food they are eating and America has the fattiest food.

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Ricardo900 said:

There might be some truth in what people say that the really fat people you see around the place are US-based Dominicans on holiday.

Music said:
I believe you just haven't seen any yet Are there many fast food chains in Santo Domingo? I've been there yet so I couldn't say but normally on islands the city becomes a bit Americanized no?

I think it's more to do with the sedentary lifestyle than the diet, although it's true that many of the famous fast food chains are present in SD. Most Dominicans, as far as I can tell, still eat a reasonably healthy diet - at least not too processed.

Yes it is what you eat because I don't eat fast food myself and I'm sure if I did I would look different. I just enjoy chocolate and ice cream too much But as long as I am active and work out I'm okay! I have always been active since I was young played sports all the time and worked out.

Same here. I love chocolate but never eat fast food, except maybe pizza about three times a year! But living in this city has taken its toll on me because it's not so easy to exercise here, due to the heat, the traffic and the distances.

rellosk

Silver
Mar 18, 2002
ggn420 said:
[I was responding to a coment made by CyaBye, had nothing to do with the contents of the previous thread.
My reason for posting the link was that you had said, "...The Dominican women take better care of themselves compared to the American girl." The thread I was linking to seems to discuss Dominican women not taking care of themselves. I was just pointing out that there are different options on the subject. I wasn't even offering my opinion.

BTW, ricktoronto (in usual his biting style) tired to explain to you how quote a previous post. The exact steps are:
(1) Click "reply" in the lower right-hand corner of the post you want to reply to. This will put the entire text of the post in-between [ QUOTE=username] and [ /QUOTE]. **
(2) Remove any text from the original quote that may not be relevant to your response. Be sure not to remove any part of [ QUOTE=username] or [ /QUOTE].
(3) Enter your response after the [ /QUOTE].
(4) Click "Preview Post" and look at your post.
(5) If the message looks okay, click "Submit Message", otherwise scroll down and edit the message and repeat step 4.

If you want to practice, you can edit your previous posts (#16 & 20). It is hard to distinguish your posting from the posting you are quoting.

** Note: There will not be (and should not be) a blank space after the bracket in [ QUOTE] OR [ /QUOTE].

xamaicano

Apr 16, 2004
Music said:
Well, my 4 and 5 year old neices already care about how they look it's awful they learn really young now. They even check out what I'm wearing and compliment me it's crazy!

Yes Salma Hayek is one of my favourites she is beautiful and she's got curves! More power to women with curves I'm one of them! ;)

Selma Hayek? Selma Hayek is a tiny spinner. She is curvy because she has tiny waiste but she is very small woman.

ggn420

Brain Doner
Apr 21, 2005
Link

Ahhhhhhhhhh, OK Gotcha, I was trying to figure what you were talking about.....Thanks
rellosk said:
My reason for posting the link was that you had said, "...The Dominican women take better care of themselves compared to the American girl." The thread I was linking to seems to discuss Dominican women not taking care of themselves. I was just pointing out that there are different options on the subject. I wasn't even offering my opinion.

BTW, ricktoronto (in usual his biting style) tired to explain to you how quote a previous post. The exact steps are:
(1) Click "reply" in the lower right-hand corner of the post you want to reply to. This will put the entire text of the post in-between [ QUOTE=username] and [ /QUOTE]. **
(2) Remove any text from the original quote that may not be relevant to your response. Be sure not to remove any part of [ QUOTE=username] or [ /QUOTE].
(3) Enter your response after the [ /QUOTE].
(4) Click "Preview Post" and look at your post.
(5) If the message looks okay, click "Submit Message", otherwise scroll down and edit the message and repeat step 4.

If you want to practice, you can edit your previous posts (#16 & 20). It is hard to distinguish your posting from the posting you are quoting.

** Note: There will not be (and should not be) a blank space after the bracket in [ QUOTE] OR [ /QUOTE].

Berzin

Banned
Nov 17, 2004
Ricardo900 said:

Most women from Puerto Rico and the DR get to NYC and put on weight QUICKLY. I've never noticed the change until the 3rd generation. They catch on quickly to the bad eating habits and sitting around watching spanish soap operas and that first generation gets big fast.
It is also too hot to overeat in tropical countries. I noticed myself that even though I do absolutely no running in the DR I always come back a few pounds lighter, despite all the presidente beer.