Rare, medium rare, and raro.

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Bien cocinado for well done?
I never heard that before.
Bien cocido or bien hecho maybe.
I'm not a fan of rare beef but would they understand if you asked for "azul"?

Reactions: cavok and johne

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Bien cocinado for well done?
I never heard that before.
Bien cocido or bien hecho maybe.
I'm not a fan of rare beef but would they understand if you asked for "azul"?
Ave Maria! I know what you want exactly. I don't eat beef any longer (20 years) but you are introducing a new category 0f lingo. LOL. IMO i doubt it.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
Re: above. The pizza places that have wood fired ovens could do "Azul" in a minute. Oven at 1000 degrees would make that a piece a cake .....or black on the outside blue in the middle.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Re: above. The pizza places that have wood fired ovens could do "Azul" in a minute. Oven at 1000 degrees would make that a piece a cake .....or black on the outside blue in the middle.

Which is the ONLY way to enjoy a good cut of beef !! Charred on the outside but blue on the inside.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Which is the ONLY way to enjoy a good cut of beef !! Charred on the outside but blue on the inside.
Is that what some call “Pittsburgh style”?

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
Yes. Charred outside and raw inside. Delicious if you have the right cut of beef.
I like my steak very rare, so I learned “media cruda” decades ago. We were in a steakhouse in Lake Worth Florida, and when I ordered my steak the waiter asked “Pittsburgh style”? Best steak I ever had.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
I like my steak very rare, so I learned “media cruda” decades ago. We were in a steakhouse in Lake Worth Florida, and when I ordered my steak the waiter asked “Pittsburgh style”? Best steak I ever had.
That's the way my mother likes her steak, seared on each side, or as she refers to as " black and blue."

Reactions: AlterEgo

flyinroom

Silver
Aug 26, 2012
Oops, delete cocinado, insert cocido, still lurnin’

lol.
To be clear...
Mine was not meant to be a criticism of yours.
We are all in the same boat...still lurnin'
;)

One of the great challenges in life is knowing enough to think you're right but...
not enough to know you're wrong.

Neil deGrasse Tyson

Having said that, one of the great shames in my life has been to prefer my meat well done. Over the years the shame has driven me to upgrade to medium well but, never ever could I swallow a bite of an extremely rare piece of meat.
It's the texture boss...the texture.