Real Estate Trends

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
the financial mess in the US will continue to drive older middle class and working class Americans out of the country and to places like the DR in their retirement.

Maybe totally opposite. Many older people are losing their moderate retirement savings with defaulting pension funds, mutual funds, banks. It is projected that about 50 banks in USA currently are ready for bankruptcy. In Clearwater I saw recently lines waiting for opening of Wachovia to take their savings in cash and keep home.

In US this people will have free soup in soup kitchens and free shelter for homeless, and (so far at least) Medicair. They will be able to live even with their money lost ( stolen/wasted by Bank/Fund owners and managers). Is there such thing as free soup, free shelter, medicare and police protection against violence in DR?
To my knowleadge - not. DR is a great country but it is for financially and phisically strong and fit.

My opinion is that the current social and financial crisis in USA will do more harm than good for DR real eastate market and economy in general.

mountainannie

Platinum
Dec 11, 2003
elizabetheames.blogspot.com
Certainly the poor will get poorer

Well certainly if your options are to hole up and think about soup kitchens, the DR is not for you.

But if you have a bit of moxie and gumption and some assessts (too many asses there, sorry)and are looking at increased taxes, higher heating costs, and FEAR fear FEAR... or working til you are 80... well... thanks but.. i will take my chances figuring out how to make do on a couple of thousand a month down here..

There is a HUGE affluent market of boomers- this is the biggest generation ever in the States. Honestly-- what are you thinking of?

I, for one, am pleased that I jumped out of the real estate market in the States and moved here when I did.....

AK74

On Vacation!
Jun 18, 2007
Well certainly if your options are to hole up and think about soup kitchens, the DR is not for you.

But if you have a bit of moxie and gumption and some assessts (too many asses there, sorry)and are looking at increased taxes, higher heating costs, and FEAR fear FEAR... or working til you are 80... well... thanks but.. i will take my chances figuring out how to make do on a couple of thousand a month down here..

There is a HUGE affluent market of boomers- this is the biggest generation ever in the States. Honestly-- what are you thinking of?

I, for one, am pleased that I jumped out of the real estate market in the States and moved here when I did.....

Congratulations!

You gambled successfully.

Each of us want to. Me also, I prefer DR over USA three legs up!

black

Sep 25, 2008
I dont know for sure, but I ran a Google search and it listed Scotia Bank??? if thats your bank? and it also had something called REal Estate Trends.
To me it seems you could be buying into something??? Phone your bank, if the charge ISNT from them, then ask them to find out where its coming from and to not allow it.
If it is from them and you DID not request this service I can't stress this enough!!!! ASK FOR YOUR MONEY BACK. depending on the situtation the bank allows one dispute a year in which any mistakes that have happened on your account will be resolved. I worked for CIBC for 3 years, not sure if other banks do this.
Hope that helps.

Yes seems to me its a stock your buying into. Bankers can be sneaky. Again if you did not want this service request you get your money back.