Rebuilding the Scandinavien Bar.

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Tom is still working on rebuilding his bar. He has plans ready for construction, and on "Sosua News" you can see what it's going to look like.

Right now he needs permission from "Turismo". Saturday the 21. of april at 10 a.m. there is a meeting in "Andre's" bar in cassette nr. 180 (or close to; not 100% sure about the number) on the beach.

It would be a good idea to show "Turismo", and others, that Tom is not alone on wanting his bar rebuild. Just show up and listen to what they have to say.

Vamos a la playa;-)
Tom mentioned to me a meeting with Turismo next Wednesday.
Are you sure of that date?

tsg

Mar 25, 2007
Tom is sitting here next to me, and he is sure about the time and day. The meeting wednesday is with the governor in Puerto Plata. Saturday the secretario from "Turismo" will be on the beach.

Tom sends his greetings to you Marco with many thanks for what you did so far.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Tom is still working on rebuilding his bar. He has plans ready for construction, and on "Sosua News" you can see what it's going to look like.

Right now he needs permission from "Turismo". Saturday the 21. of april at 10 a.m. there is a meeting in "Andre's" bar in cassette nr. 180 (or close to; not 100% sure about the number) on the beach.

It would be a good idea to show "Turismo", and others, that Tom is not alone on wanting his bar rebuild. Just show up and listen to what they have to say.

Vamos a la playa;-)
Thanks for the info and good luck to Tom.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
A quick note

Tom has the go ahead and has purchased 4,000 US worth of lumber, as he is not being permitted to build out of block & stone.
All contributions have been handed over to him, and he sends a million thanks to you all, as do I.
Muchas gracias, Marco.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Progress report

Tom was by this morning.
Says he's a week or two from opening.
Needless to say he is extremely grateful to all who helped.

He's battling a bit with Edenorte to get the electricity installed, but remains hopeful.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I see Tom last week slaving away painting the new bar. The guy has been working 12-15hr days, everyday trying to get the bar built.

The new bar is looking good and I'm sure will be as successful as the last one.
Best place on the beach for burgers in my opinion :)

Me_again

Bronze
Nov 21, 2004
Best place on the beach for burgers in my opinion
Mine too . . . and you need a huge appetite to finish one all by yourself

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Let the bells ring and the banners fly.

This Saturday, grand opening, 2 PM.
Hard to believe, but it's true.