Record number of children die

May 12, 2005
It's about time some people are held accountable and made examples of. It's just tragic that the death of 11 innocent babies had to occur for that to happen.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
donP Understands the Dominican System!!!!!
The people ?Fired? just go back into the POOL, to reappear in another position.
A former boss of mine was canned with great fanfare, he went to Europe for a year then got a better position than the one he was ?Fired? from.
?Dominican Musical Chairs?!!!!
How about some ?Hard Time? in Najayo for them???????
NEVER HAPPEN HERE!!!!!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Kipling333

Bronze
Jan 12, 2010
The management still says it was lack of resources that caused the deaths ,and recently that number has been common ,but will not say exactly what resources they lack . The report points out that more than 6% of children in the hospital die ,mainly in the first hour of being admitted ,,The report also ays it was human error that caused many of the recent deaths ..and produced records to prove it . The oxygen problem was maybe involved in two cases only and that again was lack of training .

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
well life is hard and death is hard on your family...
i met a guy one sunday morning at his house. i was looking for him to build something for me as he was a shop..builder.welder fabricator etc..met him once before and had finally tracked him down...
later on he had a accident and ended up in hospital...
His wife called me as i was gringo...and had a common friend... i went to hospital, looked ,asked and i said pull the plug...she didnt...he died next day...in hospital for 3 days...hospital billed her for 5 days...
they recanted and dropped the price...when there where witnesses and reports...he was dead for to days and they said he was being treated....ha ha ha

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
hmmm. something here is very much not right. right now we have about 2,000 deaths a year. 10 years ago it was roughly 3,000 deaths a year. in the whole country. if 30,000 kids died in reid cabral alone within 10 years then either official death statistics is a bogus or this article is.

Aug 6, 2006
hoy writes today about the number of deaths in reid cabral on any normal weekend:
Mejoran servicios en RRC, pero mortalidad infantil sigue alta

7-8 deaths....
It seems apparent that in the DR they are not nearly so good at covering up their mistakes in hospitals as the are in the US. Of course, there are a lot more mistakes in the DR as well. In the US mistakes are most often revealed as a result of a lawsuit or a concerned employee blowing the whistle.

All politicians can do is fire and hire people, they are not doctors and do not understand medicine. They can be blamed for hiring incompetent people due to favoritism or not funding necessary costs. As has been stated, the infant mortality rate has dropped over the years, and the population has grown at the same time, so there are improvements.

No country will ever reach perfection all the time.