Reggaeton, one of the worst types of music ever created, in 30 seconds

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
Ahh what a shocker old people don't like rap or reggaeton as if it were meant for you. News flash the people who love it hate the noise pollution you call music as well.

I remember walking into a record shop in 1982 and buying the 12" version of Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five - The Message and I never looked back. I am now 60 years old and I still listen to Rap. I also listen to Jazz, Classic Rock, Folk, Country, Reggae, Reggaeton....etc. I love music.

I know...it's noise...oh yeah, get off my lawn.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I remember walking into a record shop in 1982 and buying the 12" version of Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five - The Message and I never looked back. I am now 60 years old and I still listen to Rap. I also listen to Jazz, Classic Rock, Folk, Country, Reggae, Reggaeton....etc. I love music.

I know...it's noise...oh yeah, get off my lawn.

I believe some may be confusing Dembow for Reggaeton.
Reggaeton can be tolerable.
Dembow was designed for illiterates.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I absolutely disageee. (c)Rap and Reggaeton are both absolute drivel.
Reggaeton developed from Rap. Both are performed by 'artists' with little musical formal training. Most can play instruments and vocal harmony is rare.
There are now several lost generations of black artists and only a few decent Latin artists coming up.
But what passes for music in DR could be one of the lowest of the low.

I guess the days of Smokey Robinson, The Temptations and Mana are gone.
One exception is (or was) Calle 13 - he had formal musical training and I quite like his stuff. I 'dare you" to listen to it.

• Love
Reactions: etolw

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Reggaeton developed from Rap. Both are performed by 'artists' with little musical formal training. Most can play instruments and vocal harmony is rare.
There are now several lost generations of black artists and only a few decent Latin artists coming up.
But what passes for music in DR could be one of the lowest of the low.

I guess the days of Smokey Robinson, The Temptations and Mana are gone.
One exception is (or was) Calle 13 - he had formal musical training and I quite like his stuff. I 'dare you" to listen to it.

It sucks. Just like I expected it would.

The first time I heard a beat like is used in such "modern" alleged music as this was in Colombo Sri Lanka at the Holiday Inn about 30 years ago.
There is nothing new about this beat. It sucked then and it sucks now.

The worst R&B music from the days of the Temptations was better than the best of this mass produced effluent. I'd take the BeeGees any day over it.At least they could write songs and sing.

• Angry
Reactions: etolw and cavok

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004

A few days ago I listened to about 100 songs that were currently tops on Spotify and it really was a WTF time.
Not one good song aside from a band called the Black Keys, which was fair.

Rick Beatto in the video above is a very talented studio musician originally from upstate NY and now has his studio in Georgia.
He actually is a musician that knows very well how music is produced and recorded.

Reactions: Caonabo and cavok

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

A few days ago I listened to about 100 songs that were currently tops on Spotify and it really was a WTF time.
Not one good song aside from a band called the Black Keys, which was fair.

Rick Beatto in the video above is a very talented studio musician originally from upstate NY and now has his studio in Georgia.
He actually is a musician that knows very well how music is produced and recorded.

Agreed Mr. Windeguy.
This has nothing to do with being the old crag yelling "get off my patio", but rather everything to do with what falls under the label of quality. The music industry, along various music genres, has gone the way of Hollywood production. Complete, and utter garbage.
The generation of today will proclaim it is good, but that is because it is thrown upon them continuously. Surround yourself with enough garbage, and eventually you get used to the smell. The reality is that it still stinks putridly, whether you particuarly realize it or not.
Is there any surprise that persons of substance tend to listen to/or watch "older" music/movies?

Reactions: windeguy and cavok

Africaida

Gold
Jun 19, 2009
I detest people stuck in the past, like everything else Music evolves. I would never criticize what my kids listen too.
While I was younger, I heard the same criticism from elders, so did my parents.

There will never be Smokey Robinson in 2020, nor Michael Jackson, nor the Beatles. Music reflect times, culture and business....I hope that my kids will appreciate music from Cardi B to Miles Davis or even ACDC (hopefully skip the Bee Gees for Chic :ROFLMAO: ).

Person of substance tend to listen to older music ? There were garbage music in the past and will be garbage music in the present and future. The "good" one will stick, it's not that serious. :rolleyes:

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
I detest people stuck in the past, like everything else Music evolves. I would never criticize what my kids listen too.

There will never be Smokey Robinson in 2020, nor Michael Jackson, nor the Beatles. Music reflect times, culture and business....I hope that my kids will appreciate music from Cardi B to Miles Davis or even ACDC (hopefully skip the Bee Gees for Chic :ROFLMAO: ).

Person of substance tend to listen to older music ? There were garbage music in the past and will be garbage music in the present and future. The "good" one will stick, it's not that serious. :rolleyes:
The types of music discussed here have zero redeeming qualities. I was no fan of many types of music back in my day, but I recognized there was some talent and ability behind them. A computer program could produce better music than Reggaeton.

Reactions: Caonabo

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017

We will have to agree to disagree, as it is indeed a personal preference.
I admire persons who can look forward, but respect the past, not just be caught in the presence of today's moment.
I personally, can not see any redeeming qualities in having young women listen to Cardi B.
As well, the same can be said for young men who listen 24/7 to persons degrading women by referring to them as b*tches and hoes, whether it be in English, Spanish, or Portugese.
And those are the cleaner language references.
Sorry, no redeeming qualities in those types of lyrics, and not much if anything to be appreciated.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
We will have to agree to disagree, as it is indeed a personal preference.
I admire persons who can look forward, but respect the past, not just be caught in the presence of today's moment.
I personally, can not see any redeeming qualities in having young women listen to Cardi B.
As well, the same can be said for young men who listen 24/7 to persons degrading women by referring to them as b*tches and hoes, whether it be in English, Spanish, or Portugese.
And those are the cleaner language references.
Sorry, no redeeming qualities in those types of lyrics, and not much if anything to be appreciated.

So, we are talking lyrics...not the music?

Reactions: Africaida

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
The types of music discussed here have zero redeeming qualities. I was no fan of many types of music back in my day, but I recognized there was some talent and ability behind them. A computer program could produce better music than Reggaeton.

All I can say is, I enjoy Reggaeton in certain situations. I remember what my Dad had to say about Deep Purple...I refuse to put down another's music.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
So, we are talking lyrics...not the music?

I don't know about we, but yes I made a reference to them.
Perhaps if the lyrics were not vulgar or incomprehensible I could probably tolerate the songs.....in several languages.
I find that many foreigners, many not all, have no clue as to the lyrics of some of their favourite/popular Reggaeton/Dembow tracks.

ramesses

Gold
Jun 17, 2005
I don't know about we, but yes I made a reference to them.
Perhaps if the lyrics were not vulgar or incomprehensible I could probably tolerate the songs.....in several languages.
I find that many foreigners, many not all, have no clue as to the lyrics of some of their favourite/popular Reggaeton/Dembow tracks.

Dembow is not my cup of tea but I know people who love it.

There are some lyrics that are not nice.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
All I can say is, I enjoy Reggaeton in certain situations. I remember what my Dad had to say about Deep Purple...I refuse to put down another's music.

The reality is certain music genres do cling themsleves to a rather unpleasant base.
This can not be denied.
There are reasons some establishments (discotecas/casetas/colmados/car washes/banca deportes will not play certain types of music, and others will.
They do not want, nor desire the element and activities that they routinely present.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
Dembow is not my cup of tea but I know people who love it.

There are some lyrics that are not nice.

I am not sure which event is sadder to see play out...... a 15-18 year old repeating such lyrics.......or a 45-48 year old.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
At least we can all agree the worst of the worst ....Techno Music is history