Relocating

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Do men seriously just pull 'Sosua' out of a hat. After coming from the Phili's? I don't think so. I thinm he knows Sosua online and has an idea in his head based on where he is now. I think that side of things will be much more expensive.
And like someone else said, if you can'f live along side deadbeats and accept fkckwitts and scammers as the norm for the general public. Then wtf would anyone consider Sosua.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Then wtf would anyone consider Sosua.

Because per capita, the North Coast from Puterto Plata to Cabarete has the densest concentration of English speaking expats and English speaking locals in the country. Those who can function in Spanish can choose to live almost anywhere. Those who can't tend to choose locations where they can communicate with the least amount of difficulty.

All other considerations being equal, being able to communicate when you get off the plane is a big plus.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Because per capita, the North Coast from Puterto Plata to Cabarete has the densest concentration of English speaking expats and English speaking locals in the country. Those who can function in Spanish can choose to live almost anywhere. Those who can't tend to choose locations where they can communicate with the least amount of difficulty.

All other considerations being equal, being able to communicate when you get off the plane is a big plus.

the densest concentration of English speaking locals in the country, says Gringo.

maybe you have some data to back that up.....

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
No disrespect to anyone , but I have met only ONE person who claimed to live on approx $1800 a month in Sosua.. and he took the time to lay it out for me, every single item, down to laundry.. the man was meticulous with his finances, in fact thats what he did for a living before Retiring.. managing peoples money.
.. He went from a life in Florida to Sosua.. small apt, had health insurance, no car, Good Internet, Tv, cell , A/C always on of course..no reason to sweat like a farm animal with only a Fan... Refrigerator was always stocked with some food, etc. Go out to eat couple times a week.
. He was NOT cheap per se, but it took some doing.

Everyone else has told me its $2,500/ month MIN... and they all seem to come up with the same exact same figure. so I dont see how they could be making it up out of thin air..
imho, no way you can live in Sosua on $2K a month. especially the first 6 months of living there. no way.

People that think they can live on very little $ should read this post. Again, and again. Until they understand it.

If the OP does not like deadbeats, then don't move to the area first mentioned. You could certainly avoid them there, but they are there.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
the densest concentration of English speaking locals in the country, says Gringo.

maybe you have some data to back that up.....

Data? Dunno if that is possible, but you'd struggle to find many to disagree. That stretch has most of the lingo lazy expats. We don't always need others, or data, or stats or anything to tell us what we can observe for ourselves.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Data? Dunno if that is possible, but you'd struggle to find many to disagree. That stretch has most of the lingo lazy expats. We don't always need others, or data, or stats or anything to tell us what we can observe for ourselves.

i am talking about English speaking Dominicans.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
i am talking about English speaking Dominicans.

Oh, I've rarely come across those, even fewer who know what they're saying while speaking English. But there are enough expats on that stretch to not need Dominicans.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
OP says he has done a lot of research and I wonder why Sosua is his choice.

He says he has been living in Dumaguete and reading about this town (link below) makes me wonder whether he should be looking at SDO instead and locating near ZC somewhere like Gazcue or the University zone. If he is after chicas he will be able to find way better quality especially university chicas.

Better deal all round and much more to do in SDO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumaguete

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
OP says he has done a lot of research and I wonder why Sosua is his choice.

He says he has been living in Dumaguete and reading about this town (link below) makes me wonder whether he should be looking at SDO instead and locating near ZC somewhere like Gazcue or the University zone. If he is after chicas he will be able to find way better quality especially university chicas.

Better deal all round and much more to do in SDO.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dumaguete

university chicas sell as much poon as any other. trust me on that one. don?t get fooled by the bookbag.

ju10prd

On Vacation!
Nov 19, 2014
Accountkiller
university chicas sell as much poon as any other. trust me on that one. don?t get fooled by the bookbag.

Indeed you are correct, but not all and plenty of choice in SDO and some very smart ladies too with some grey matter. Believe me I know too.

Better than resort lying, cheating, thieving and often violent chicas......not all but maybe 95%

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
OP has disappeared, and another thread being waylaid. This is not a chat room.

He's asking about SOSUA, rental costs, etc.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
Its also much more difficult to find a woman in SD. Respectable women aren't looking for any single middle aged gringo, and your chance is lessened 10 fold. People know why middle aged single men are in DR, there is no game, it's out the bag the second you wander into a bar and sit down to a drink, alone.
Better quality of women in SD? If you know where to go and that takes a lot of time livinf there. It is not as easy to get laid in the capital as Sosua or Boca Chica, and if you aren't familiar it is far more dangerous, you do not have the cover of other gringos, and no one has your back. So if moving to the capital cor that, then make sure you know what, where and who you are doing.
If you drop the idea that you're going to move to the DR and meet a genuine woman who's into you then you'll go further. Accept that each of you have what the other needs or wants and stop playing the BS games, it's only bullsh1tting yourself.

All in all,I can't think of why anyone would make such a statement of I'm moving to DR, yet knows FA about the country other than where the high whore populations are. I fail to understand how a man can get through life to such an age and still have nothing more to aspire to or drive himself than focking woman, what an empty existance.

HUG

Silver
Feb 3, 2009
OP has disappeared, and another thread being waylaid. This is not a chat room.

He's asking about SOSUA, rental costs, etc.

Not a chat room? I thought that is what a forum was by definition? Learn something new every day:eek:

If you read the OP he isn't asking anything really. As he already states he won't believe our replies. So a void thread as far as looking for info goes. 'How much is........., but doesn't matter coz I don't believe you'. Not much we can give this guy.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
Indeed you are correct, but not all and plenty of choice in SDO and some very smart ladies too with some grey matter. Believe me I know too.

Better than resort lying, cheating, thieving and often violent chicas......not all but maybe 95%

i agree with you 100%. there are some houses in the university district that sport some spectacular looking university girls. ravishing beauties, who at least have the good graces not to pick their noses at the table when you are entertaining your friends. i guess they are no different than the college girls in North America who sell some trim to pay the school fees.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
"Stick a fork in this thread,...IT's DONE"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
He sobered up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

What did you do with CCCCC when you stole his computer?

I've agreed with 90% of your posts lately :)

If the OP comes back, he can start a new thread with any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.