Reporting blackmail and attemped extorsion

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
To the OP. I am begging you PLEASE listen to the advice everyone has given and let this go. Go home. We have all managed to survive here for years and we all know that this honestly is not a country to start picking a fight with the locals. it won't end well for you either you will end up in prison or dead.

Corrupt police. Corrupt judges. The mention of underage sex and the smell of foreign money all adds up to a nasty mix.

You shouldn't have come back. And you should not be talking to his friends. And you certainly should not be thinking of legal action because that just doesn't work here.

keepcoming

Moderator - Living & General Stuff
May 25, 2011
Just because you (OP) were not "stopped" at the airport doesn't mean that there was not a complaint filed. If you have lived here long enough, you would know that the DR works in strange ways sometimes.

FF1

Dec 17, 2022
DR
You, a male gringo, came back to DR expecting to be arrested and sent to prison for having sex with an underage boy, and you still came back? Maybe subconsciously you really do wanna get sent to prison with that reputation on you and be locked up with 20 guys in a small room lol.

• Wow
Reactions: Facepalm Supreme

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
You, a male gringo, came back to DR expecting to be arrested and sent to prison for having sex with an underage boy, and you still came back? Maybe subconsciously you really do wanna get sent to prison with that reputation on you and be locked up with 20 guys in a small room lol.
Or, maybe OP is a fraud in other ways? His action to "return" is so irrational that quite honestly I don't believe his "story". In addition, his behavior doesn't warrant a response of any kind from this board. That's IMO. Why is he in need of responses when it is the second time for him to boo hoo on a public forum. Yep, if true, he "needs help". Lots of help, professional help. Legal help. Nothing that we can provide to this sick little puppy.

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
Some of you may remember be from my last thread: https://dr1.com/forums/threads/please-help-need-advice-urgent.401425/

Came back to the DR last month only to find out it was ALL LIES. I have been lied to and threatened for weeks by a 19 year-old pretending to be 16, and his barrio mother, who both blackmailed me after the mother discovered his "tiguere" son had been sleeping with a man (me) for money.

Fled the country in fear in April 2022, landed back in SDQ last month with the expectation that I would get arrested at the airport. The custom agent didn't even bat an eye when he checked my file in his computer. You'd think if I had really commited something illegal with a minor, my passport would be flagged by now and I would get arrested upon landing right? NOPE. They let me in like everyone else.

I then spoke to one of the (now) 20 year-old's buddy on whatsapp (found his contact on Instagram) and he told me he has NO FRIEND below 18, and that he is 24 himself. So it was all lies mesny to make me PANIC and extort money from me, and his mom was involved in the scheme.

Now I want to head to a Fiscalía office with my passport and ask them to file a complain against the 20 year old AMD his mother for scam attempt and blackmailing. I have their names and whatsapp number. I want to sue them for:
- Emotionally stress
- Blackmail
- Financial damages for making me purchase an emergency flight out of the country.
- Financial damages for basically running my vacation/cutting it short

I'm so sick of it and beyond upset. Is this common in DR? Mothers working with their young adult children to BLACKMAIL and EXTORT foreigners over false statutory rape accusations??
? are you a male or female? next move on and don't contact any of his friends or him ...My grandma use to tell me all the time sleep with pigs wake up with fleas....

SKY

Gold
Apr 11, 2004
People come here and still think they are where they came from. Crap lawsuits like the OP talks about will go NOWHERE here. Stay in your cubby hole where you belong................

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
People come here and still think they are where they came from. Crap lawsuits like the OP talks about will go NOWHERE here. Stay in your cubby hole where you belong................
OP obviously thought the local he hooked up with was young. Correct me if I'm wrong but it also appears he made no effort to verify this young man's age prior to engaging in whatever behavior the two of them were involved with.
These are the exact same type of "tourist" who sometimes end up making the news for their disgusting antics and they deserve whatever problems follow their decisions.

Reactions: nanita and FF1

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Or, maybe OP is a fraud in other ways? His action to "return" is so irrational that quite honestly I don't believe his "story". In addition, his behavior doesn't warrant a response of any kind from this board. That's IMO. Why is he in need of responses when it is the second time for him to boo hoo on a public forum. Yep, if true, he "needs help". Lots of help, professional help. Legal help. Nothing that we can provide to this sick little puppy.
His story was made up BS the first time he posted and is still made up BS. Yet people continue to respond. SMH

Reactions: slowmo and Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
His story was made up BS the first time he posted and is still made up BS. Yet people continue to respond. SMH
look at it like the Playboy forum stories in the magazine. Entertaining but fiction! They all started out the same way. "I am from a small midwestern town."

slowmo

Aug 1, 2016
Its as believable as the guy who wants to live in Santo Domingo on a budget with maximum security, all the while chasing the ladies.

• Haha
Reactions: nanita and Big

dulce

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
Its as believable as the guy who wants to live in Santo Domingo on a budget with maximum security, all the while chasing the ladies.
His story is BS too. People keep amusing him by responding. These bullshitters remind me of the old made up sanky stories back in the day. LOL

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019

I must admit though that these threads are amusing, some of the most entertaining on DR1 to be fair. That guy who kept meeting chicas in hotel bars and was convinced that their Prada handbags were genuine, that made me spit out my tea. And then he kept having a pop at the mods over and over again, like that was going to work out well for him.

And now this one who thought there was a warrant out for his arrest so decided to fly here just to see what happened and then start a war with a woman who accused him of underage sex with her son.

johne

Silver
Jun 28, 2003
I must admit though that these threads are amusing, some of the most entertaining on DR1 to be fair. That guy who kept meeting chicas in hotel bars and was convinced that their Prada handbags were genuine, that made me spit out my tea. And then he kept having a pop at the mods over and over again, like that was going to work out well for him.

And now this one who thought there was a warrant out for his arrest so decided to fly here just to see what happened and then start a war with a woman who accused him of underage sex with her son.
I have changed my attitude regarding these types of posts: Now I look at them as amusing and/or how creative is the writer.LOL. I judge them on original content and length of time on the DR1 program. Before I would get angry bc I would think how F ing stupid are you? I came to realize most were frauds or puppets. However, sadly, there are still some ignorant ppl walking around or want to come here and reinvent the wheel.

MariaRubia

Jun 25, 2019
I have changed my attitude regarding these types of posts: Now I look at them as amusing and/or how creative is the writer.LOL. I judge them on original content and length of time on the DR1 program. Before I would get angry bc I would think how F ing stupid are you? I came to realize most were frauds or puppets. However, sadly, there are still some ignorant ppl walking around or want to come here and reinvent the wheel.

Yup, one thing we are definitely not short of here is stupid people. Dominican or foreign, there are so many people here who are eye-wateringly dumb.