Residency Renewal For Long Time Residents

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
The form you purchase there and fill it out, sign it when you are called back to the window in front of the agent.

Yes they do use TV screens to show the numbers being serviced as well as announcing the number. Be sure to get a number when you walk in. No surprise Santiago was unable to help. Maybe some time in the future. I used Caribe Tours and on both trips to and from I got the one that bypassed Santiago.

I see absolutely no need to use a lawyer after having been through the process (even still needing the medical exam for hopefully one last time). For those that don't need it, one trip is all it should take to Santo Domingo.

Where are the forms, near the entrance as before? Do you get a number at the same place.

Previously I remember going first to the window in a row of windows that was the one next to the outside wall. Is that where you go with the form?

Do I understand you don't just get in line in front of the window but wait for your number to be called?

Did you need photo copies of anything or just the residency card, cedula and passport?

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Get a number first to the left back side of the room when you walk in. It is the information desk as well where you get that number. It is like a 6 step process so keep alert. You will be up and down quite a few times.

I think you need to wait for them to call you before you get the form, but that window for the form is in the left most group of windows (to the left of the door back to the inner sanctum where they take your photo when the time comes.)