Residents' records wiped out

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
A 10 year renewal time is the maximum I recall seeing the last time I renewed residency.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Yes max is ten years and remember they renew your cedula for same amount of time. I was trying to look up the costs of cedula renewal by number of years which is on the site where you check your cedula but the site is down at the minute. I seem to remember it is 2500RD$ for 4 years and then goes up, but don't take that as gospel.

Matilda

Hispanola

Feb 4, 2011
Consultar C?dulas Extranjeros

I copied this web from the second post of this thread.

Does this web work for any of you guys when you enter your P-R number ?
to me it's not even starting the search.

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006

That is because you have to enter your cedula number and not residency.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
That is because you have to enter your cedula number and not residency.

You have the same number on your residency as you do on your cedula. That number is you, it is how you are identified in
the DR on all government records.

waytogo

Moderator - North Coast Forum
Apr 3, 2009
Santiago DR

Same here, have tried several times and keep receiving an error messege bottom left corner....

B in Santiago

Castellamonte

Bronze
Mar 3, 2005
Cabrera
www.villa-castellamonte.com
I have had two 'entertaining' run-ins with the cedula and residencia processes (which are totally different).

- the last time I went to obtain my renewal of my residencia the people there asked me to confirm I was born in Estonia. Believe me, I barely know where it is! I cannot fathom how this happened other than corrupt data files or fat-fingered typists. I've been here a decade and this is the first time I was born in Estonia. I wonder from whence I shall hail at the next renewal...

- a few years ago the government came through Cabrera telling us all that we could renew our cedulas locally. They took the information, photos and everything else. We received a piece of official paper with the details on it and a promise that we would get our cedulas in a few months. That was in 2008. Last year the government admitted their program failed and placed a small ad in Listin Diario letting us all know we had until January 2011 to renew in the capital for free. Of course I don't have LD delivered to my doorstep so never saw the ad. Now I'm told that since my cedula expired in 2009 I get to pay nearly RD$12000 to renew because I have to suffer a fine for being late from back in 2009 (when the cedula expired)! Gawd!

...funny, silly, a tad bit annoying but then I walk down the Playa Grande beach and all is good once again!

bochinche

Bronze
Jun 19, 2003
A 10 year renewal time is the maximum I recall seeing the last time I renewed residency.

although a few lucky ones got the 10 year max, i thought they did away with it and went back to the 4yrs max again.
please correct me if i am wrong.

POP Bad Boy

Bronze
Jun 27, 2004
When I picked up my 10 year renewal about 1-1/2 years ago, I was told that I was "LUCKY" since they were no longer offering the 10 year renewals.........That was in about October of 2010!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Mine comes back no problem. I guess I have a job to do on Friday :)

Su c?dula ha EXPIRADO / Your ID is EXPIRED : 01-09-2011
Tiempo vencido / Time expired : 6 mes(es) / month(s).
Monto a pagar por atraso / Amount Due unpaid month(s) : RD$3,000.00

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
When I picked up my 10 year renewal about 1-1/2 years ago, I was told that I was "LUCKY" since they were no longer offering the 10 year renewals.........That was in about October of 2010!
That is correct - that's what I was told in Migraci?n this morning when having mine renewed. The maximum extended renewal as things stand is for 4 years, for people who have been permanent residents for 10+ years. I thought I would qualify but my permanent residency is only 9 years old.

KateP

Silver
May 28, 2004
That is correct - that's what I was told in Migraci?n this morning when having mine renewed. The maximum extended renewal as things stand is for 4 years, for people who have been permanent residents for 10+ years. I thought I would qualify but my permanent residency is only 9 years old.

Were you able to renew it with the past paperwork (as in almost nothing) or as per the new requirements?

SantiagoDR

The "REAL" SantiagoDR
Jan 12, 2006
Anyone know how far in advance of expiration you can renew your permanent residency?

Chirimoya

Dec 9, 2002
Were you able to renew it with the past paperwork (as in almost nothing) or as per the new requirements?
The past paperwork, same as the last couple of times. You fill in one simple form that they sell you for RD$100. All you need is your expired card, your passport number and your spouse's c?dula number if applicable.