Residiency expired by 2 years. Whats required to renew?

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
OH failed to add, any taxes and other payments required during the visit to Santo Domingo. Car and house title, and documentation on any investments we have in the DR. WOW

No Place Like Home

Jul 9, 2013
Sorry DV8 wish we could. We do not speak ANY Spanish nor do we drive to Santo Domingo. We'll get there, it'll just take some time. Looking into other options. thanks

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
it's a very easy process. do you have a friend who could translate and help you out? 3k is a daylight robbery :tired:

whirleybird

Silver
Feb 27, 2006
it's a very easy process. do you have a friend who could translate and help you out? 3k is a daylight robbery :tired:

Agree with Dv8 and posted how I did it without a lawyer and very little Spanish and the link is here http://dr1.com/forums/living/133748...t-residency-cedula-thread-without-lawyer.html

There maybe other guidelines posted since then but I don't think it has changed much.

I also don't drive to Santo Domingo from the north coast but the Caribe Tours or Metro buses are great and very reasonable and taxis in the capital are good and very fairly priced.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
certainly you have met somebody here who understands you....your language

Pay them 1,000 pesos to help ........... most make 500 or less in a day
bus in, Migracion, lunch, bus out..

easy... all the paperwork info is here.....

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Here are the latest charges from Migracion http://www.migracion.gob.do/web/tarifas10-14.pdf

So a permanent residency is now: RD$12,000 for renewal, plus RD$600 each month over - so 24 months is RD$14,400, plus medical RD$ 4,500, plus the application form RD$100, plus VIP to make it quicker RD$1,000. Grand total RD$32,000.

Matilda

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
12k for how long? 4 years?

As far as I know. Best to ask those who have renewed their residency under the old scheme - ie who have not been through the 4 renewals of provisional. And then after 10 years as a resident (I think) you can get one for 10 years for a mere RD$20,000.

Matilda

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
No Place Like Home,
you state you speak no spanish, so i take that as a zero spanish.
do you have at least a local/spanish speaking friend you can use for such things to help?
i have a good and reasonable priced Lawyer in santo domingo(the ones from the outside ike pop or PC only want hundreds of dollars in travel expenses, co?o, there are lawyers in the Capital, no need to import them for big bucks), but her and her sisters english is very limited. they work with english speaking foreigners for residency purposes every day, its all they do, but if you are so tough on your english language, take a english/spanish speaking friend to acompany and then i can give you her contact address/phonenumber to call.
but of course keep in mind above shown calculation, a 2 years expired permanent residency for renewal with the overtime fees comes to 32.000.- pesos per person, you are two which sums a 64.000.- pesos, thats almost $1500.-US for the two of you on fees without a lawyers pay. if a lawyer offers the full package for a US$2K total for both, thats a great deal to take, but 2K or 3K per person is theft on grand scale.
sure, as a lil side pun from my side, you are permanent residents here since years, but you still speak not enough/any spanish to do such simple and easy thing like the residency renewal on your own in spanish, i blame here very big failure on the foreigner in his new country of choice.

Mike

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
oh well. i will see next year.

DV,
in 2011 i got lucky by coincedence to renew my residency for 10 years, hence its now valid til 2021.
but afterwards(by staff of the german embassy) been told that the 10 years renewal for long term permanent residents been in place for only some months and then taken off again.
so i dont know if they still/again do the 10 years thingy. if availale, its the best to do of course.
the day i renewed, arriving there without knowledge about the 10 years possibility, it was printed on a bord at the cashiers that 10+years residents can now renew for 10 more years at once, including the 20K price, and the lady at the cashier where i handed my application for renewal also right away told me " you can go for 10 years now, sir" and pointed her finger on the bord behind her at the wall.
i think its not available anymore, but it cant hurt to just "ask" once there for renewal.
on a good day everything is possible when asked for it nicely, lol

Mike

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
i know. many things may change. i'm counting on a window of opportunity. and i can be candy sweet if i need to :) so fingers crossed.