Restaurant Prices Shooting Up

Big

Apr 24, 2019
And of course having insight in the kind of customers that frequent your establishment.
Just triple or quadruplicate your prices is not the way to go. Another factor could be..do you depend on the same customers that come back weekly or just tourists you can rip off one time, you never see them back anyway.
Of course no one wants to get ripped off. However you pay for what you get as with any product . If you want a 4 dollar meal grab a hot dog from a street vender. Going into an establishment with a Chef, several wait staff, a manager and a decent wine list along with a choice of after dinner drinks requires significant overhead. Dinner for 2 in Santo Dom at a nice restaurant is similar to prices in Miami. The North coast less. The totality of the experience keeps me coming back. Food and beverage quality, service, cleanliness ( dirty bathroom I will not return).

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
I would venture it is much much more than 300% in a successful establishment, especially on food----- on the condition you just don't serve ready-to-serve stuff.

As for wine, establishments that make money on established brands are few and far between.
The trick is to be ahead of the curve and find good unknown wines and have employees capable of selling them.

20 years back, you could get chateau Minuty for 2€ a bottle.... the rest is history.

Plate presentation techniques.
Keep repeating, as the price of the same dish rises, depending on where you might be.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
And of course having insight in the kind of customers that frequent your establishment.
Just triple or quadruplicate your prices is not the way to go. Another factor could be..do you depend on the same customers that come back weekly or just tourists you can rip off one time, you never see them back anyway.

Tripling or quadruplicating your prices just might be the direction to go, in order to prevent certain customers from frequenting your establishment. Works like a charm every time. ;)

Reactions: Big

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Keep repeating, as the price of the same dish rises, depending on where you might be.
some believe "plate presentation" is obtained from an A.I buffet where they pile on a mountain of slop and wash it down with soda

• Haha
Reactions: cavok

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Tripling or quadruplicating your prices just might be the direction to go, in order to prevent certain customers from frequenting your establishment. Works like a charm every time. ;)
lol ..keeps the riffraff out, no one wants to dine next to an obese man/woman yelling on a cell phone complaining about small portions.

Caonabo

LIFE IS GOOD
Sep 27, 2017
some believe "plate presentation" is obtained from an A.I buffet where they pile on a mountain of slop and wash it down with soda

Order a dish in restaurant A. Plain plate with food. Price check.
Order same dish in restaurant B. Plate with food presented, along with artistic swirls of side sauce. Price check.
Same food. Most probably bought from the same vendor. Different prices.

Big

Apr 24, 2019
Order a dish in restaurant A. Plain plate with food. Price check.
Order same dish in restaurant B. Plate with food presented, along with artistic swirls of side sauce. Price check.
Same food. Most probably bought from the same vendor. Different prices.
I am all in on restaurant B if its an evening out. As stated, ambiance is also key. I don't sit on plastic chairs ,benches or bar stools when dining.