A

Andreas Rader

Hol?,necesito mas infomaciones sobre el restaurante Neptunos en
Boca-Chica!!!!!
Homepage!????
www.?.?

H

Hans Koelewijn

This is a very very nice restaurant. Ive been there, and i will go back every time i am in the DR.

So try it.

Hans.

G

GringoCarlos

Neptuno's is rated in the top 10 restaurants in Republica, and I agree with the ratings. Strong on seafood, and they have great steaks too. I have never made a reservation, but rather just came in.

In Boca Chica, if you turn off the main carretera from Santo Domingo, at the corner by the big Shell station (on the east side of Boca Chica) go right, towards the ocean, go straight for about 800 meters until you get to the crest of the big hill above the ocean and turn left; go past the big Coral Hamaca Hotel complex, (about 200 meters) and the road curves to the right and down a little hill and then curves to the left again, Neptuno's is on the immediate right side. They have a parking lot across the street on the left, with a watchman who will tell you where to park.

Lunch there is informal, (but nobody is in bathing suits), and as a rule of thumb, a full lunch would run about RD $250 a person, with a sandwich or main dish, drinks, and a dessert or coffee.

Dinner is more formal, most people come in slacks and a golf shirt, or dress shirt without tie, no sneakers, and the ladies in dresses, or dressy casual clothes. This place is muy romantico at night, and the wine selections are also good. The restaurant seatings are on platforms over the ocean , with thatched roofs over, but open to the tropical breezes. It is nice even if it rains. They have lighting in the water, and candlelight for the tables. Good service, good food, nice desserts. Prompt seating. Quiet. Also very good for business dinners, but if you are coming with more than 6 people, probably call ahead and reserve a special table. (Sorry I don't have the number, but any decent hotel in Republica will have it). If you want a more secluded table, they will always accommodate. Dinner for 2 for me usually runs about RD $1200 to 1500 with a bottle of wine, and the works, and a good tip.

(Even though the Dominican laws say they must include 10% "Propina" on the bill, the waiters NEVER see this, and it is a free grab to the owners.) If you get good service, reward your waiter and give them the usual you would in the States, or wherever, but just don't be a cheapo and take great service without expecting to pay them for their attention.

Buen provecho.

J

Jim Hinsch

Re: Restaurante Neptunos???????/Boca Chica *PIC*

See http://www.bocachicabeach.net/dining.html.

Neptunos has a very nice location and atmosphere, food is decent, and value is not so good. Boca Marina (almost next door) has approximately the same quality and atmosphere but at a better price.

No way is Neptunos one of the top 10 restaurants in the DR in my personal opinion. It isn't even the best in Boca Chica. Pelicanos (Hamaca Hotel) has better food, better service, and the same atmosphere (right on the water).

The place is good, but its reputation is over rated. I do like the place and eat there about once every other month.

G

GringoCarlos

Re: Club Neptuno's Phone numbers

Phone numbers for Neptuno's:

(809) 523-9934 or 523-4503 or 523-4703

R

Ronald McIntosh

Nice place...changed into my thong...

on the barca out back, had a nice swim in the turquoise water. Didnt run into the same problem with my thong I had in Playa palenque. Then I went out front and had 3 pescados fritos con tostones.

C

Cindy

Great place! Beautiful! Goooood food! I was just there on Saturday night! I always want to go there when I visit the DR!