Revistas where and whats needed

arrugala

Bronze
Nov 7, 2010
Got the marbete for car licence renewal . But where do you get revista( car inspection sticker?) Do you need any document to get it?

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
Some of the Banks, Savings & Loans sell them.

From yesterdays (December 26, 2013) DR1 NEWS....

Remember: Tuesday is the last day to get stickers

The Department of Transportation (DGTT) and the Department of Taxes (DGII) have both issued reminders that this coming Tuesday, 31 December is the last day to renew their "marbetes" or stickers valid for vehicular transport next year. The DGTT also reminds vehicle owners that they have to get their vehicle inspection stickers - "revistas" - before that date too. The consequences of not having the required new sticker or "marbete" are (1) the vehicle is seized and there is red tape and an additional fee to recover it, (2) a RD$1,000 fine and (3) the sticker will then cost an additional RD$600 because of an overdue fee. The stickers will then be sold at the DGII offices, which means long waits in lines. In Santo Domingo the seized vehicles will be taken to the old dog track known as the "Canodromo" where there will also be an office that can issue the required documents. The DGTT also reminds drivers that the fees are RD$1,200 for vehicles that are five years old or older and RD$2,200 for newer vehicles. The "Revista" is RD$45 for all cars.

Lothario666

Bronze
Oct 16, 2012
The "Revista" is paid for at Ban Reservas and then if you are in Santiago, Obra Publica is where you go for the inspection. I believe you need a copy of the driver's license of the person taking the car for inspection, copy of insurance card and copy of registration, also may need a copy of the bank receipt and the original of course.

caribmike

Gold
Jul 9, 2009
I bought a new car a couple of month ago. I still don't have my definitive "placa" yet. The dealer told me "no problem" they will have it for me before 19th of January when I will need it.

Question: Do I have to get the marbete / revista / do the inspection too for a brand new car or do I have to get it end of next year for the first time? Not sure if I understand what is to do exactly...

Thanks for any input.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Some of the Banks, Savings & Loans sell them.

From yesterdays (December 26, 2013) DR1 NEWS....

Remember: Tuesday is the last day to get stickers

The Department of Transportation (DGTT) and the Department of Taxes (DGII) have both issued reminders that this coming Tuesday, 31 December is the last day to renew their "marbetes" or stickers valid for vehicular transport next year. The DGTT also reminds vehicle owners that they have to get their vehicle inspection stickers - "revistas" - before that date too. The consequences of not having the required new sticker or "marbete" are (1) the vehicle is seized and there is red tape and an additional fee to recover it, (2) a RD$1,000 fine and (3) the sticker will then cost an additional RD$600 because of an overdue fee. The stickers will then be sold at the DGII offices, which means long waits in lines. In Santo Domingo the seized vehicles will be taken to the old dog track known as the "Canodromo" where there will also be an office that can issue the required documents. The DGTT also reminds drivers that the fees are RD$1,200 for vehicles that are five years old or older and RD$2,200 for newer vehicles. The "Revista" is RD$45 for all cars.

This is not the answer to arrugula's question. The revista tax you can only pay at banreservas and then get the sticker at DGTT branch. Only the marbete (which arrugula already has), you can get at several banks. I heard there are long lines for the revista in Santo Domingo.

jeanchris

Bronze
Feb 27, 2012
This is not the answer to arrugula's question. The revista tax you can only pay at banreservas and then get the sticker at DGTT branch. Only the marbete (which arrugula already has), you can get at several banks. I heard there are long lines for the revista in Santo Domingo.

damn! I screwed myself... got the marbete but didn't know about that revista bull****! didn't even know this thing exist...

Will I really get into problem if I get pull over and I only have the marbete lol, feel lazy and don't want to do a 1hr lineup :mad:

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
damn! I screwed myself... got the marbete but didn't know about that revista bull****! didn't even know this thing exist...

Will I really get into problem if I get pull over and I only have the marbete lol, feel lazy and don't want to do a 1hr lineup :mad:
Go pay for the revista at the bank and get your receipt. If you get stopped you can say you haven't got to the inspection yet and they'll probably let off with a warning.

Mauricio

Gold
Nov 18, 2002
Yeah, I'd make sure as well to pay for the revista (that's what I'll do tomorrow) and get the sticker later. I heard there is no inspection though, just showing copy of matricula and insurance. Saves me buying a boutiquin and fire extinguisher.

sayanora

Silver
Feb 22, 2012
The dominican way is just to pay the tax at banreservas and if the amet stops you just tell them they had no stickers at obras publicas, they never do anyways. I've gone twice in the last 3 weeks and they don't have them so there's no real option.

The thing dumbasses do is just get a fake sticker, but that causes all different types of problems.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
Yeah, I'd make sure as well to pay for the revista (that's what I'll do tomorrow) and get the sticker later. I heard there is no inspection though, just showing copy of matricula and insurance. Saves me buying a boutiquin and fire extinguisher.

there can be. when miesposo went for an inspection with my car, a week or two ago they asked him to turn on the light, put the car in reverse, that sort of thing. no first aid kit and fire extinguisher questions, thou.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
50% of cars in DR still do not have a revista:
M?s del 50% de los veh?culos no ha sacado revista - DiarioLibre.com
expect mega queues.
Of course, it's human nature to put off the unpleasant and you can spend a lot of time to get the revista and inspection completed. I'm just happy that my contractor was there getting his jeep done and talked the inspector into doing mine at the same time, otherwise I would have been there for a few more hours.