Roaches and Termites

ljmesg

Aug 6, 2017
Need help. Looked up one thread talked about termite oil here.

Killed off two whopper termite nests outside.

Spent 2 hours cleaning unplugged printer of termite larva today. No wood in the printer🤨

Gargantuan roach leaving frass in lower cabs where there is zero food.

Help!

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
For the termites treat wood with Carbosota which you can get in any hardware store. For cockroaches try polvo o tiza china.  Thats chinese powder or chalk.  The powder comes in sachets.  Put behind bed fridge etc..
you might also want to pour insecticide down toilets or into drains directly.  Reaaply every 20 days till gone. 

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
whoever cleans your house will have the fix.... and it'll work

only time I ever won that conversation w/ my people was over those pesky little wood bugs....
they leave fine wood dust after there work.

The RD fix was too complicated and it was my bedframe..

We threw it the pool for 1/2 hour.....

Koreano

Bronze
Jan 18, 2012

Spent 2 hours cleaning unplugged printer of termite larva today. No wood in the printer??????

Help!

Back in the days, I use to bring in Ortho Home Defense Indoor & Perimeter Insect Killer. It works great if sprayed every 4 to 6 months. I don't know about termites, never went through it in DR because I never had trouble.

LTSteve

Gold
Jul 9, 2010
Roaches are pesky little survivors. Go to a hardware and get roach killer otherwise you will have a hard time eliminating the problem. You could also get a small lizard. They love roaches. Roaches are like hor d'oeuvres to them. Ummmmmm!!!!!!!

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I used the powder in the foil packages with Chinese writing and a picture of a roach. Placed a pile of powder on a plastic disk and put them in cupboards, drawers, corners of counter tops. I have dogs so I didn't put any on the floor.

Roaches gone in about a week.

I use the same stuff for ants (silver package w/picture of an ant). I mix a pinch or two of sugar into each pile of powder and place where I have seen ants, usually on the counters.

I had termites living in the center post of my palapa. I sprayed their home with canned insecticide everyday for 5 days and they were gone.

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Roaches are pesky little survivors. Go to a hardware and get roach killer otherwise you will have a hard time eliminating the problem. You could also get a small lizard. They love roaches. Roaches are like hor d'oeuvres to them. Ummmmmm!!!!!!!

You actually cant eliminate the problem here in the DR as they fly into your house from outside. You can mitigate the problem but eliminate entirely, I don't think so.

Russell

Jun 17, 2017
You actually cant eliminate the problem here in the DR as they fly into your house from outside. You can mitigate the problem but eliminate entirely, I don't think so.

I agree,
But one must understand this is not a permanent remedy. At least once a month treatments will do the best to prevent occurrence. On my parameter fence I discovered two large football sized termite nests.... I used the kerosene treatment. It soaked the nest and got rid on those particular colonies.
We also have a variety of foundation wall bugs so I sprincle high phosphate powder soap around the foundation and it seems to keep them at bay. I do this in Canada every spring to rid us of earwigs. It works. The cheaper the soap powder the more phosphates. Ticks do not like it either.
Another remedy for most insects is a few drops of Tea Tree Oil in a gallon of water .. even ticks will avoid pets who have shampooed with a small amount of Tee Tree Oil in the shampoo.
Russell

mofongoloco

Silver
Feb 7, 2013
I can’t add any information to this thread. May I add a question?   I’m told that among the reasons rattan furniture is popular is the fact that termites don’t eat it.  Is this True?  

melphis

Living my Dream
Apr 18, 2013
I use a concentrated product called Destroyer 48 EC. It kills pretty much every insect it comes in contact with.
It also leaves a residue that lasts up to 21 days. Lethal stuff.
I buy it at the local agriculture store.

rp12

Nov 12, 2018

Spent 2 hours cleaning unplugged printer of termite larva today. No wood in the printer🤨

Help!

Try one of these methods https://xtermites.com/get-rid-of-termites-liquidate-them-all.html BUT be careful with that. Each method is suitable for a particular type of termites :) Don't mess with that, ok?