Road condition Miches to El Seibo?

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
Wondering if this Road -hwy 107 thru Pedro Sanchez - is drivable in a Toyota Corolla? We're driving up to Miches from Bavaro tomorrow but I'd prefer to drive back to San Pedro thru the interior if possible. I've read a few posts, from 2023, about this area but not clear if you need a 4 x4, or higher clearance, on this stretch.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Was there last fall. The road should give you no big problems. Of course, there will be some short unpaved areas (drive slow) nearer to Miches, narrow stretches, tight curves, and the occasional pothole. There is no real need for a 4x4. As always drive cautiously.

Regards,

PJT

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
On our hunt for an old friend we ended up going further to Sabana de la Mar. It was lovely driving in the country, my favourite part of being here. As someone else said, the speed bumps really were too much after Miches. We had a leisurely lunch near the ferry engaging with locals and an ex family member, my hubby can find family almost everywhere on the island. It was getting late so we decided to stay at Cano Hondo for the night. Now that was a bit of a rough road but we made it. There were hardly any other guests there so we had the place to ourselves. We ended up driving south on the Sabana - Hato Mayor road and it was in excellent condition. It looked to be recently paved. Awesome views, villages and scenery, until the town with an open garbage dump on the side of road. What was that?

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
On our hunt for an old friend we ended up going further to Sabana de la Mar. It was lovely driving in the country, my favourite part of being here. As someone else said, the speed bumps really were too much after Miches. We had a leisurely lunch near the ferry engaging with locals and an ex family member, my hubby can find family almost everywhere on the island. It was getting late so we decided to stay at Cano Hondo for the night. Now that was a bit of a rough road but we made it. There were hardly any other guests there so we had the place to ourselves. We ended up driving south on the Sabana - Hato Mayor road and it was in excellent condition. It looked to be recently paved. Awesome views, villages and scenery, until the town with an open garbage dump on the side of road. What was that?
This is good news about the road to Hato Mayor. So, now the whole road is paved? For many years the unpaved sections were headaches for the locals, commerce, and tourism. Eating at Jhonson's Restaurant at Sabana de La Mar, buying fresh shrimp nearby the restaurant, and viewing the local sights is worth a trip.

Getting back to the El Seibo to Miches transit. One of the best views on the island is the ocean views on a clear day at the crest of the mountains/hills near Miches when driving from El Seibo. It makes a good day trip from Punta Cana-Higuey-El Seibo-Miches-Punta Cana.

Regards,

PJT

RDKNIGHT

Bronze
Mar 13, 2017
This is good news about the road to Hato Mayor. So, now the whole road is paved? For many years the unpaved sections were headaches for the locals, commerce, and tourism. Eating at Jhonson's Restaurant at Sabana de La Mar, buying fresh shrimp nearby the restaurant, and viewing the local sights is worth a trip.

Getting back to the El Seibo to Miches transit. One of the best views on the island is the ocean views on a clear day at the crest of the mountains/hills near Miches when driving from El Seibo. It makes a good day trip from Punta Cana-Higuey-El Seibo-Miches-Punta Cana.

Regards,

PJT
I agree best view from the mountain top s of miches

scotia

Mar 18, 2004
Yes, the whole way was paved. No sharp curve signs or markings a lot of the way but one knows it's up,down.. and curvy anyway. It was a great drive.

Reactions: PJT

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Yes, the whole way was paved. No sharp curve signs or markings a lot of the way but one knows it's up,down.. and curvy anyway. It was a great drive.
Just another asphalt project for the current govt. I think I mentioned this one a few months back.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Just another asphalt project for the current govt. I think I mentioned this one a few months back.
Asphalt projects and others are needed at all times. Yet, it seems only during political campaigning season do roads get attention. Favorable votes can be earned at all times, not just campaign time.

Regards,

PJT

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Asphalt projects and others are needed at all times. Yet, it seems only during political campaigning season do roads get attention. Favorable votes can be earned at all times, not just campaign time.

Regards,

PJT
I've mentioned before.... Abinader started the asphalt program almost from day one when he was elected. If you look at the MOPC IG page, they have been publicizing the projects as they finish them. Hundreds of them.

The first govt. I've seen here that has done it constantly, not just before an election.

Reactions: XTraveller

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
I've mentioned before.... Abinader started the asphalt program almost from day one when he was elected. If you look at the MOPC IG page, they have been publicizing the projects as they finish them. Hundreds of them.

The first govt. I've seen here that has done it constantly, not just before an election.
Well, let's somewhat agree the government has done it constantly and consistently. But, at what volume? It seems the volume of paving always increases to coincide with the volume of hot air and ugly signage of election campaigning. The case of the Sabana de La Mar to Hato Mayor road casts doubt of this government or that of the previous one's enthusiasms to pave. The road has been decrepit in many areas for at least eight years. The public and commerce that depend on the road have been crying out to the authorities to make a fix. A fix they finally received within the last 12 months.

Regards,

PJT

Reactions: JD Jones