Rocky's Children's New Year's Gift Caravan

carina

Silver
Mar 13, 2005
Very touching Marco

Rocky said:
Today's probably the last day we'll be running to POP for a bit more wrapping paper and a few more gifts.
Alanindr, a new friend, James & I went out on Christmas Eve, through Charamicos with a back seat full of presents, being careful not to stop anywhere with large crowds, for fear of being swamped.
The very first little girl we found, cute as a button, probably 5 years old, was standing in front of her house on the sidewalk with her mother.
As James offered her a gift, she looked at us with starry eyes and said, "Parami?" with a surprised grateful innocence.
A few "Feliz Navidads" were exchanged, and she kept saying gracias with a smile that could melt your heart.
As we were about to leave, we noticed her older brother standing there, perhaps 8 or 9 years old, expecting him to blurt out, "what about me?", but he didn't, he seemed happy for his sister and had more class than half the people you meet in your lifetime.
James quickly found a blue wrapped present for him, some more "Feliz Navidads" and a couple more "Gracias'", and we were on our way, to look for more kids.
What a blast.

This is wonderful, and the best christmas gift we all can give and recieve.
It?s awarding to help.:classic:

A

apostropheman

Here are a couple more pics...of the elf assembly line :eek:
only about 200 more to wrap and we'll be ready for New Year's Eve!!!
Wrappers2.jpg

Wrappers.jpg

I've never seen so many gifts all in one place before!:speechles

Rocky

Honorificabilitudinitatibus
Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
This is it !!!

I live for this day.
I'm tingling right down to my toes.
This is the 14th year, since we started this tradition, and every year it gets better.
Alanindr & I scouted out some really poor areas closeby, for our convoy tonight.
These families are as poor as poor can get, living in little wooden shacks.
If any of you are "on the fence", so to speak, about coming along for the ride tonight, I promise you it will be a moment in your life that you will never forget.
When the kids come running out of thier houses, to be greeted with several presents apiece, and the parents are sharing champagne with us, well, you have to be there to believe it.
It just doesn't get any better than this.

To wud..
We will get pics to you ASAP, but might need a day or 2 to sober up enough to send them to you.
Happy New Year, Marco.

pas

Jun 7, 2004
going to miss all the fun again...
you have all have good time...

you doing great marco...

pascal

amy2761

Island Body
Mar 16, 2003
www.dr1.com
I'm leaving shortly to pick a friend up in Santiago and then we'll be on our way to Sosua .... Looking forward to it - see you all soon!!

:D :D :D

Stay well,
Amy

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
Thanks Rob.
Of course, we have lots more.
I guess I'll send them to Wud, as most of them are in the barrios during the caravan, and they are priceless.
Regards, Marco.

Rocky

Apr 4, 2002
www.rockysbar.com
MaryS said:
Hi Marc, Looks like everyone had a good time. Have you recovered yet?
I feel finer than a frog's hair split 3 ways, although I have to admit I stayed in bed all day yesterday, as I was still drunk, then the hangover hit me this morning, but a few hours of meanial labour, snapped me out of it.
Now I'm counting down the days, 'till next New Year's Eve.