Rottweiler in La Mulata

Celt202

Gold
May 22, 2004
...He would have been here with us exactly a week tomorrow. At least his last days were full of love and joy. RIP, Buck. Thanks and blessings to all those of you who loved and supported him and pledged to sponsor him for the remainder of his life, which proved to be so short.

It is very sad that Buck has died. The consolation is that he had so much attention and love in his final lap.

You can't do better by a dog than that. All dogs go to heaven.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
his last days were happy ones and you made it happen for him, isobel.
he is in heaven for sure.

Givadogahome

Silver
Sep 27, 2011
Oh my, what a shock, just got butterflies reading DV8s post and had to scroll back to see to believe what I was reading, seems he was in my thoughts more than I knew.
Well, he certainly gave it a good fight against the odds, and left knowing he was loved. Maybe that is all he hung around for and was enough for him, to have felt wanted, appreciated and loved, now he can rest in peace, content.
It is always tough, but it is a relief to some extent as we know a dead dog feels no pain.
Well done to you, and sorry for your loss X

young seniors

Bronze
Feb 1, 2012
Very sad news Isobel, so sorry for your loss. I know that you and Dr. Bob did everything you could for Buck. Your love and caring for him and your other animals is to be commended. You are a true angel.

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
Thank you all for your love and support. I am so glad there are a significant number of people on this planet who really care. I know too that there are many of you out there who do just as much as I do to care for animals and children and not all of you talk about it. Together we do make a difference, one child at a time, one animal at a time. That's all we can do.

robbie

Bronze
Aug 3, 2006
I wish there was more caring people like you Isobel. What a wonderful thing you did taking in Buck.
I'm sure his last days were the loving experience he deserved.

Isobel

Jul 21, 2011
Thank you. I have done it for many geriatric and sick animals that no one wanted and I would do it again. That doesn't mean I don't feel the sadness at the loss of an animal I have become attached to, even though I knew death was unlikely to be long in coming. Somehow you always hope it will be later rather than sooner. Buck had a great few days with us and died with food in his mouth. As Dr Bob said, 'What more could a dog want?' He was happy and wagging his tail 5 minutes before, but his time had come. Would that more children and animals experienced that, a sense of being loved and wanted and a full stomach!

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
I am so sorry to read about Buck and his death. I have followed your posts and had such hope for him, disabled or not. It is still beyond me how someone can do this to any animal. RIP Buck.