Royal Caribbean cruises launches Puerto Plata as new destination

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amu

Oct 4, 2010
Starting from next November 29, the biggest cruise ship in the world, the Allure of the seas will be docking at Amber Cove (i'm guessing that will chance as soon as Taino Bay opens)

Allure of the seas:
allure-of-the-seas-en-el-mar.jpg

tee

Bronze
Sep 14, 2007
Cabarete
This is great news for the North coast! Interestingly enough on their page they have Sosua beach as a place to visit, although the photo they have on their website is Playa Alicia. I would not be surprised if their tours take them to Playa Alicia though, less people hassling the passengers and less hookers!

jd426

Gold
Dec 12, 2009
This is great news for the North coast! Interestingly enough on their page they have Sosua beach as a place to visit, although the photo they have on their website is Playa Alicia. I would not be surprised if their tours take them to Playa Alicia though, less people hassling the passengers and less hookers!
I would love to be proven wrong and we see some of these Cruisers frolicking on Sosua Beach or Playa Alicia , and contributing to the LOCAL Economy..
Someone please take some Pictures of like their bus dropping people off .
Playa Alicia is most likely, more contained , controlled environment ,. less chance of people wandering off and missing their pickup time .
Keep in mind they treat these people like Kids on a School Trip..

Reactions: aarhus and Big

BelgianMik

Jul 9, 2015
I would love to be proven wrong and we see some of these Cruisers frolicking on Sosua Beach or Playa Alicia , and contributing to the LOCAL Economy..
Someone please take some Pictures of like their bus dropping people off .
Playa Alicia is most likely, more contained , controlled environment ,. less chance of people wandering off and missing their pickup time .
Keep in mind they treat these people like Kids on a School Trip..

I don't know in playa Alicia or other places in Sosua, but in Puerto Plata a lot of people said the same (because most of the cruise ship tourists take excursions or day passes in all ins in playa dorada and the ones that go out and take a taxi to the city, don't go to my bar or to a lot of places, they go where the taxi driver gets commission etc). But then we noticed that even if you don(t get tourists from the cruise ships, you can still benefit from them.

Like I said, I have a bar. The tourists from the cruise ships don't come to my bar because I don't give commission to the taxi drivers. But I still win. Because I have a client who does excursions and works with them, another client works in a shop where all the taxi drivers come with those tourists. Another client of mine works in a hotel in playa dorada, where those tourists go with a day pass etc... And all of these people now earn more money, and thanks to that, I see them spending more money in my bar. And my camarera gets more propina, so she has more money, and she can spend more money in the colmadon (just like me), so even the guy in the colmadon close to my house gets more money thanks to the cruise ships. So even if the tourists go to certain places, there are always people who earn more money and most of them spend it localy, so a lot people get better in the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.