Rules regarding real estate and other obvious and not so obvious considerations based

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
It happens quite a lot. There are different perspectives on the obligation to pay condo maintenance fees. Some see it as an abstract concept, others see it as a condition of owning a unit, still others see it as a convenient source of cash for expenses that have nothing to do with the property or its common areas.

The maintenance fees are critical for any condo situation. Very easy for the money to fall through the cracks and then when a planta goes, there's no money to repair it or replace it.

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
Hey,

Has anyone here bought, or know of someone who bought an apartment in Santo domingo, where you pay 10% up front, then 40% when construction is going, then the rest when you move in. I was considering it. Common sense tells me to only buy from outfits that have built other projects. But what else should I research so I don't get robbed... Dominican style
I

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
Yeah, that's probably really good advice! Is the mark-up a lot after the project is finished, or could I possibly get the same deal on an already finished project?