Rural Land in Bani Area

Johanvillar1

Nov 16, 2021
Santo domingo
Hi there i got a land on bani dominicsn republic currently dont doing nothing , only interested people i can rent you a piece of land , 5 minutes away from bani donwtown dm me for pictures and talk about it thanks

NALs

Economist by Profession
Jan 20, 2003
There are not many, if any, farmers here. Most of DR1 members are city people, mostly expats who for the most part themselves are from urban or sububuran settings in North America or Europe, and mostly Americans and Canadians that travel often to the DR and almost all of them are from cities or suburbs. I'm willing to bet very few people here live off farming or even farm (small vegestable garden, etc) as a hobby.

The greatest asset a thread here would create is certain visibility on internet search engines. If someone is interested in land near Baní, I'll bet your thread will pop up in thesearch engines in the first two or three pages.

The area around Baní and the town itself isn't a hotbed of expats settlements or interests. This could change in a few decades with the development of Puntarenas, but for now this appears to have a mostly Dominican clientele. It remains to be seen if it will remain as a Dominican place or if international people will take a greater interest there.

Reactions: AlaPlaya

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
There are not many, if any, farmers here. Most of DR1 members are city people, mostly expats who for the most part themselves are from urban or sububuran settings in North America or Europe, and mostly Americans and Canadians that travel often to the DR and almost all of them are from cities or suburbs. I'm willing to bet very few people here live off farming or even farm (small vegestable garden, etc) as a hobby.

The greatest asset a thread here would create is certain visibility on internet search engines. If someone is interested in land near Baní, I'll bet your thread will pop up in thesearch engines in the first two or three pages.

The area around Baní and the town itself isn't a hotbed of expats settlements or interests. This could change in a few decades with the development of Puntarenas, but for now this appears to have a mostly Dominican clientele. It remains to be seen if it will remain as a Dominican place or if international people will take a greater interest there.
True, however here in Jarabacoa there are several Canadians and at least one American that make their living in agriculture. I myself come from a long line of many generations of farming. My Grandfather was a wheat farmer from Saskatchewan as well as a veterinarian, and my other Grandparents were Potato farmers from New Brunswick. I grew up on a 170 acre mixed farming farm.

AlterEgo

Administrator
Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
South Coast
We don’t live far from Bani, we do some of our grocery shopping there. Where we live there is farming *everywhere*, onions, tomatoes, okra, yuca, eggplant, etc. Field after field. We only have 15 tareas but always something planted.

malko

Campesino !! :)
Jan 12, 2013
Farming in the DR is kind of a joke, at least in my Campo. Throw seeds on the grown, watch stuff grow. 🤣🤣 Crazy stuff, really.

If you are in the DR and don't have a conuco, in my books you are doing it wrong.

We grow/ have grown- well, no we watch stuff grow--- avocados, mangos, cranberries, yucca, platanos, guineos, dragonfruit, cherries ( the weird kind ), limes, mandarines, oranges, guyanavana (?), pomegranates, peppers, bell peppers, tomatoes, etc ....

I hardly do anything, a bit of watering in summer, prop up branches, weeding, etc.....

Obviously it's for our consumption, bar tolhe avocados that we sell twice a year. So not a farm farm.
A good skill/ hands on practice for the Zombie Apocalypse.

So yes, some dr1ers do have " experience" " farming " in the DR !!🤗🤗🤗🤗