russian investors coming to DR

Riva_31

Bronze
Apr 1, 2013
San Pedro de Macoris
Thanks, I looked it up and Duarte seems like a good guy. As a fan of Simon Bolivar I want to research further what, if any, relationship they had.

Okay, the banks may stay closed today.

In general terms they had a good relationship, but when Duarte asked for help to Bolivar to fight for our independence from Haiti he said no, because Haitians helped him on the independence of Venezuela.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
In general terms they had a good relationship, but when Duarte asked for help to Bolivar to fight for our independence from Haiti he said no, because Haitians helped him on the independence of Venezuela.

again, duarte was 17 at the time of bolivar's death. it was carceres who asked bolivar for help. duarte was 8 years old at the time.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Well, it just got a little harder to pull that trade off. CNBC is reporting that S&P has cut Russia's bond rating to "junk."

Respecfully,
Playacaribe2

It's tit for tat across the economic chess board until the war goes hot.

Russia created its own ratings agency, nullifying the West. Russia created BRICS to nullify the IMF. Russia told VISA and MC to get lost unless they used a domestic clearing house. VISA complied.

This is a very dangerous game that the West and the money-changers are playing and they will lose. The US is simply a printing press of worthless fiat paper as China and Russia amass physical gold. The West and its puppets flooded the market with energy hoping to drown Russia and it has failed miserably.

Come April, the Bear wins in a spring thaw, Western-backed basket cases like Ukraine will be gutter debris and Germany will be begging Putin for forgiveness.

Hear me now and believe me later.

dv8

Gold
Sep 27, 2006
don't underestimate bears:

98hvn7.gif

Jan 9, 2004
It's tit for tat across the economic chess board until the war goes hot.

Russia created its own ratings agency, nullifying the West. Russia created BRICS to nullify the IMF. Russia told VISA and MC to get lost unless they used a domestic clearing house. VISA complied.

This is a very dangerous game that the West and the money-changers are playing and they will lose. The US is simply a printing press of worthless fiat paper as China and Russia amass physical gold. The West and its puppets flooded the market with energy hoping to drown Russia and it has failed miserably.

Come April, the Bear wins in a spring thaw, Western-backed basket cases like Ukraine will be gutter debris and Germany will be begging Putin for forgiveness.

Hear me now and believe me later.

Perhaps.

Or its 1998 again as Russia defaults and the IMF has to once again rescue the Russian economy.

I hear you....I just don't believe you are correct...and have positioned my trades contra. Way to much capital flight out of Russia right now.....some maybe even to the DR.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

redserge

Jan 30, 2011
again, duarte was 17 at the time of bolivar's death. it was carceres who asked bolivar for help. duarte was 8 years old at the time.

I love it when someone knows their history and takes pride in their country of residence.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
I wouldn't get too wrapped up in the Russian economy.

Many times, the investor who abroad to invest isn't your 'Average Nikolai'...
deep pockets looking for a home for some rubles.

Is Karl Lagerfeld feeling the pinch in Europe these days?
Economy worrying him much ?

Some of these Ruskies have A LOT of money, which (I expect) they converted to US $$$ a while ago.

Don't cry for me , Venezuela..........

Jaime809

Bronze
Aug 23, 2012
I have no doubt this is money laundering 1000%, which is why these guys buy properties cash, keep for a few years, and are willling to sell for a loss.

the gorgon

Platinum
Sep 16, 2010
I have no doubt this is money laundering 1000%, which is why these guys buy properties cash, keep for a few years, and are willling to sell for a loss.

i once saw a group of Russians buy a night club, then try to convert it into an apartment. that was at a time when there was a for sale sign on every other house. i wondered why they had not just bought a house instead. then, one day when it was just about finished, they just walked away and sent the workers home. i got the feeling that some money was being washed. years later, i met a guy from Russia who knew the guys. he told me "those guys are not into talking; they are just into killing". some of these cats have some serious skeletons in the closet.

Marcion

*** Sin Bin ***
Nov 22, 2014
Perhaps.

Or its 1998 again as Russia defaults and the IMF has to once again rescue the Russian economy.

I hear you....I just don't believe you are correct...and have positioned my trades contra. Way to much capital flight out of Russia right now.....some maybe even to the DR.

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2

It's not 1998 and drunken western tools like Yeltsin don't run Russia. You go long USD and EURO, I'll go long Ruble/Yuan and we'll see who's crying in April my Fren ;)

Jan 9, 2004
It's not 1998 and drunken western tools like Yeltsin don't run Russia. You go long USD and EURO, I'll go long Ruble/Yuan and we'll see who's crying in April my Fren ;)

I was long the dollar and short the euro. Covered at 114. Nice trade. Looking for another entry point to USD/EU. Still maintaining a position short the euro against gold.

Don't trust the yuan or the ruble to try and trade them...so I will only watch them. When the smart money in Russia and China is buying dollars....I will take my cue from them and stay away as well.

Again Good Luck.

By the way, how is Boris doing these days?

Respectfully,
Playacaribe2