Samsung Galaxy S II D710 Epic 4G Touch - Sprint

ExtremeR

Silver
Mar 22, 2006
No internet in DR for you. It'll function as a regular phone unless you have wifi near by.

If he activates it with Claro he will be able to have 3G Internet. If he is able to provide his WiMax radio MAC address to Wind Telecom and have it activated it he will achieve 4G Internet in SD and Santiago. I doubt Wind T activates phone WiMax radio MAC Address though.

DR Mpe

Banned
Mar 31, 2003
I have the specs for Claro's CDMA frequencies somewhere, I have to find it. For data speed, the main thing to look for is that your phone matches their 3G frequencies...see below

Claro GSM Data frequency
2G - GSM 850, GSM 900 (also known as EDGE)
3G - HSDPA 850

AT&T (Note, the 3G is the same as Claro's)
3G - HSDPA 850

T-Mobile
3G - HSDPA 900

I am going to switch my DR phone to an AT&T phone for this same reason...my Sprint phone works on EDGE GSM 900, and it's painfully slow.

As for Tracphone, I just did a quick google search and saw all sorts of unlock services for Tracfones. Note that you didn't give a phone model, so I did a broad search. Tracfone is an MVNO that operates on AT&T & T-mobile's network for GSM. That should work just fine with Claro if you can unlock it. Speed of internet depends on which network it was setup to use (refer to the link to check how).

This is the model:
Model: II D710 Epic 4G Touch MPN: SPH-D710ZKASPR