Samsung Stove Repair

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
I have a fairly new Samsung Gas stove that the oven is not working at all but the top elements are fine. I was told it is probably the control panel that is the problem. I ordered the part from the U.S. and have it here but I can't find anyone to install it. As it stands I cannot use the oven at all. Because we were absent for so long what with COVID etc. it has stopped working almost entirely. Prior to the pandemic the oven would not maintain a constant temperature and that is why I bought the control panel and a fuel assembly. Please, can someone recommend an individual in Sosua, Cabarete or Sabaneta that can do a repair like this? The control panel is electronic, which doesn't help. I can order additional parts if necessary. Thank you for any suggestions.

MOC1

Oct 22, 2002
A friend had the same problem, the power outages cause the problem. You can reset it by turning the power off and on three consecutive times and then try the oven again, not sure if it will work for you but it is worth a try. He had to get a technician from Santiago but his was under warranty. Good luck I'm sure there is a local techy closer but I don't know.

Reactions: JD Jones

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
It's really worth looking up your make and model appliance manual on the internet, or do a search for the problem.

Like MOC1 said, many times you can reset an appliance and it will be good as new.

Reactions: NanSanPedro

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
A friend had the same problem, the power outages cause the problem. You can reset it by turning the power off and on three consecutive times and then try the oven again, not sure if it will work for you but it is worth a try. He had to get a technician from Santiago but his was under warranty. Good luck I'm sure there is a local techy closer but I don't know.
I am not sure what or how you are explaining off and on. Do you plug and unplug? Also the oven won't light without first turning on a stove top element. Once lit it will go up to the degree selected but then it immediately stops retaining that temperature. I am getting really frustrated by this. There has been no one who is stepping up for the repair, for which we are more than happy to pay for. Considering I have the parts, it does not seem like anyone is willing to help.

aeng

Aug 13, 2019
If you have the direct same control board for the model, is it not a case of removing the old and reconnecting to the new ?

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
If you have the direct same control board for the model, is it not a case of removing the old and reconnecting to the new ?
It is the correct panel but neither my husband or I are even familiar with the innards of the board. We are going to try the on off today and will let you know.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
OK we tried the plug-unplug no go. Tried the circuit breaker - no go! We are getting so desparate we may even try to replace the panel our selves.

aeng

Aug 13, 2019
Maybe I am over simplifying things !
I have the same problem with a very old MABE oven ; all the top rings work. The Oven will light but not reach any cooking temperature ! It could take me 3 days to cook anything ! Anyway I looked through exhaustive suggestions on the Internet. Many stated the Control panel as the problem , some stating the problem if the clock timer is not working. Certainly that seems to be the case as far as my cooker is concerned. I'm pretty sure I'll not be able to get a board replacement, and will Ijust have to find time to have a look at it.
Apart, there always seems to be problems with electrical equipment here ; I've already had to repair my Microwave Oven, the Toaster, the Water Cooler, the gas water heater - never a dull moment !

DR Solar

Bronze
Nov 21, 2016
In Sosua across from Caribe Tours. Joteka, 849-408-5070.
Our LG, all electronic washer died. They came out, removed stacked dryer on top, took the washer. Returned 2 days later and put everything back neat and clean. Works like new.

XTraveller

Aug 21, 2010
I do not have a Samsung stove but have a fridge. In the back of user manual they give phone # for different country's. For DR its 1-800-751-2676 and web site www.samsung.com/latin_en/support. I would try to contact them they must have authorized dealers around the DR.

fuchs4d

Mar 7, 2004
The control panel is electronic
Avoid electronics. Had a Samsung digital waching machine and a fridge. Both failed probably because of street power fluctuations and spare parts were expensive and difficult to get. Got rid of both. Expensive mistakes. In DR buy mainstream products with good spare part supply.
Mabe is Dominican main stream and a good value for the money.
Maybe get the oven repaired, sell it and buy something old fashioned with no electronics.

Alexander

MOC1

Oct 22, 2002
I am not sure what or how you are explaining off and on. Do you plug and unplug? Also the oven won't light without first turning on a stove top element. Once lit it will go up to the degree selected but then it immediately stops retaining that temperature. I am getting really frustrated by this. There has been no one who is stepping up for the repair, for which we are more than happy to pay for. Considering I have the parts, it does not seem like anyone is willing to help.
That is the same problem my friend had with his Samsung, try the unplug and re-plug three consecutive times then see if it maintains the thermostat temp. Good luck, I'll ask him the procedure next chance I get.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
In Sosua across from Caribe Tours. Joteka, 849-408-5070.
Our LG, all electronic washer died. They came out, removed stacked dryer on top, took the washer. Returned 2 days later and put everything back neat and clean. Works like new.
I wanted to let the forum know that I contacted Joteca in Sosua, across from the Caribe station, and they have completed the repairs on my stove. I am thrilled. It works better than new. I had to order a part from the U.S.. When I contacted Samsung for the part, they had none and they didn't know when they would get this crucial part. I ordered it from Appliance Parts Pro and they had plenty of them. I had it delivered and the repair applied! I am over-the-top happy! Thank you all for your recommendation.

Reactions: westcan

windeguy

Platinum
Jul 10, 2004
Your voltage is correct at the plug? How about the ground?
The ground connection in an AC plug is used to ground the chassis in case there is a short from one of the AC lines to the cabinet.
A missing ground line is unlikely to play a role in the functioning of the circuitry since that ground is only connected to chassis ground and not the circuitry.

That said, if the house wiring is not properly grounded, then that can cause all kinds of problems.

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
The ground connection in an AC plug is used to ground the chassis in case there is a short from one of the AC lines to the cabinet.
A missing ground line is unlikely to play a role in the functioning of the circuitry since that ground is only connected to chassis ground and not the circuitry.

That said, if the house wiring is not properly grounded, then that can cause all kinds of problems.
Our house in it's entirety is grounded from the outside. I had to order the switch membrane that is glued to the control panel. It is working better than ever.