Santiago mechanic

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Anyone know anyone? Specifically, brakes. Friend girl needs hers done and her last mechanic was inept. Can't find anything recent in other posts. Thanks in advance.

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
No, but their reviews are good. I would think any Centro de Freno's would do a decent job, brakes aren't complicated. They have two locations. What kind of car? or this place https://www.facebook.com/TONYBRAKECENTERS

It's a newer Nissan, but I don't know which model. Agreed that brakes aren't complicated but because she's educated, dresses nicely, and speaks proper Spanish, she feels that mechanics take advantage of perceived wealth. Her male siblings are professionals and don't have the time to front for her.
I'll pass your info along. Thank you.

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I just noticed this thread.
Yes. I recommend you try Wilkins Auto Brake @ Cno. de (Calle) Buena Vista, Santiago De Los Caballeros 51000.
Phone 809.276.4377
I know a few people who've used him in the past and he has an excellent reputation here in Santiago.

Reactions: Joseph NY2STI

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
I just noticed this thread.
Yes. I recommend you try Wilkins Auto Brake @ Cno. de (Calle) Buena Vista, Santiago De Los Caballeros 51000.
Phone 809.276.4377
I know a few people who've used him in the past and he has an excellent reputation here in Santiago.
Thanks for your replies. She ended using Wilkins. She says she liked them a lot, the work was good, and they are very professional. They did all 4 brakes, fixed an emergency brake issue, and a few other things which she didn't detail. All told it ran her about $800.00.

The car wasn't her Nissan but rather a Toyota 4runner. I didn't know she had 2 cars so I may end up being the chapi in this relationship. LOL!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Thanks for your replies. She ended using Wilkins. She says she liked them a lot, the work was good, and they are very professional. They did all 4 brakes, fixed an emergency brake issue, and a few other things which she didn't detail. All told it ran her about $800.00.

The car wasn't her Nissan but rather a Toyota 4runner. I didn't know she had 2 cars so I may end up being the chapi in this relationship. LOL!
glad to hear things worked out for her.

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
$800 for a brake job in DR? I hope they turned her rotors, changed her brake fluid and waxed the car and greased the wheel bearings.
That's high even for a 4-Runner

Kricke87

Feb 16, 2021
Sosúa
$800 for a brake job in DR? I hope they turned her rotors, changed her brake fluid and waxed the car and greased the wheel bearings.
Yeah I reacted to that as well, first I read it as Pesos, but 800 pesos is what some charge for just turning a nut 😂 but 45000 pesos for breaks seems like way to much... 🤷🏻‍♂️

Joseph NY2STI

Mar 22, 2020
Yes, they did the rotors too as well as a few other thing she didn't detail. Not sure why front and back went at the same time. Perhaps low speed stop and go driving? No matter, she's happy and she didn't send me crying emojis.

Reactions: chico bill

CristoRey

Welcome To Wonderland
Apr 1, 2014
I've met/ spoken with Wilkins on more than one occasion. He allowed a good friend of mine to store a full size truck on his lot for free for almost two years.
He and his team do a fantstic job and have a solid reputation as honest mechanics/ people to deal with. I've no doubt if she paid $800 for whatever work she had done on her vehicle, she paid a fair a price.