Santo Domingo Invita

swtness

Apr 16, 2009
There is a show here in the US that is televised every sunday morning at 10am called Santo Domingo Invita, since as far back as I can remember about the Dominican Republic. This show visit's a new part of the country every week discusses the history which is always very intresting along with a new resort every weekend as well.

This Sunday though they spoke about a clinic in the DR that was sponsered by Bill Clinton called Centro Dominicano Bra. A Clinic specializing in the treatment of Aids and Tuberculosis which they say seems to be an epidemic there. I just thought it was intreasting and was wondering what other people thought about it. It's always nice to hear that help is reaching the smaller communities with little knowledge of these illnesses.

swtness

Apr 16, 2009
For anyone wondering the channel its on Univision which is channel 16 in some places and 47 in others

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
I've been watching the show for years. I look forward to my girl, Tatiana Rosario every Sunday. She goes to different resorts and excursions every week. Not bad on the eyes either.

Apr 3, 2009
Dominican USA

This Sunday though they spoke about a clinic in the DR that was sponsered by Bill Clinton called Centro Dominicano Bra. A Clinic specializing in the treatment of AIDS and Tuberculosis which they say seems to be an epidemic there.
It sounds like The Clinton Foundation HIV/AIDS Initiative, which I believe has a a presence not only in the DR, but internationally (Peru, Haiti, Liberia, Malawi, China, etc.) I believe they are also starting-up a new initiative to increase access to malaria treatment around the world.

I used to watch "Santo Domingo Invita," but I usually just watch "Dominican USA" on MNN (Channel 57.) "Domincan USA" is nothing like "Santo Domingo Invita."

-BB ;)

swtness

Apr 16, 2009
Vernon vally

It's nice to know I am not the only one who wacth's it I look forward to it every sunday. Now about the foundation I couldn't get exactly where it was located but one of their ambulances said vernon vally ? I never heard of such a place there, has anybody else?

swtness

Apr 16, 2009
Sounds about right

WOW I think it is, I briefly heard them mention Batey's thought it was just to bring up a point of helping those out of the reach of other medical clinics.