Santo Domingo to Puerto Plata

R.Dennis

Apr 1, 2004
It's On!

Yeah your write about that bro, I'm making a day/night trip to Santiago (2 hour bus ride $4 US dollars & because I hear the honies are so exquisite!) from Santo Domingo mid-way through my 9 day trip there starting MAY 30th, It's now 6 young cats headed to the DR with me... all young, athletic in their prime like "The year 69" Muhammed ALI! I know one thing the DR has never seen a group of young bruhs come down and change the game, no simpin, strictly pimpin!.. Like the Outkast song, I... Can't wait, can't wait, I, I can't wait , can't wait!

nycVu said:
But I've got this cool-*** Dominican dude in the office who swears Santiago is a must-see for anyone traveling in the DR... And since I'm making a stop there on the bus anyway, I figured what the hell? Won't hurt...

Besides I'm going to two monger capitals (Sosua and BC) and it would be nice to practice my developing Spanish language skills with a chica while I'm not on the meter... :tired:

27 days and... I'm ready to leave a drizzly, cold Manhattan island for a warm and beautiful exotic one... :cool:

nycVu

Mar 30, 2004
This is Dedi-ca-ted to the Lova...

R.Dennis said:
Yeah your write about that bro, I'm making a day/night trip to Santiago (2 hour bus ride $4 US dollars & because I hear the honies are so exquisite!) from Santo Domingo mid-way through my 9 day trip there starting MAY 30th, It's now 6 young cats headed to the DR with me... all young, athletic in their prime like "The year 69" Muhammed ALI! I know one thing the DR has never seen a group of young bruhs come down and change the game, no simpin, strictly pimpin!.. Like the Outkast song, I... Can't wait, can't wait, I, I can't wait , can't wait!

In You...!!

I see you're on the same vibe... Yo, I've been singin' that tune everyday since I bought my ticket!!

So are you gonna be down there on the 1st of June? If so, you know we gotta hook up!! I'm coming down to BC on the 10th, but obviously, you're gone... But, if you come up to Santiago, I'll buy the first round of Presidentes!! And if you've never had 'em, trust me... they're like a smoother, lighter version of Heineken - and they pack a punch, if ya smell me... :cool:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
R.Dennis said:
(QUOTE)Give or take. If you don't NEED a rental car taxi to the Metro/Caribe bus terminals in the capital and then the buses would be about $30 each way.

Hmmm Rickster.. If you read that quote what does it say? I don't need to call names out to get a point across...lol You clearly state that "If YOU don't need a rental car taxi to the Metro/Caribe bus terminals in the capital, then the buses would be about $30 each way.".. hmm looks like you need readers comprehension. Don't get mad at me because you put the wrong facts down bud. It's cool, everyone makes mistakes...lol

Here's another go to assist you: It says IF you don't need a car...the sum of A taxi to the terminals AND THEN the buses would be about $30 each way. Exactly what it means. And I didn't call names out , if I did it would be "HEY !"Mr. Guy who cannot read"..............

I bolded it for you for some assistance. Anyway it's $5 plus $25 more or less the bus is pretty cheap and as good as Greyhound.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
To NYC VU and others

Santiago has a little to offer you, in the way of big deal, "Oh I gotta go and see that" sights.

It does have the Centro Leon, a beautiful new museum that should be seen. Even the little shop there is worthwhile. And if you have freinds that like cigars, it is a must stop. It is a RD$70 peso taxi ride from the bus stop-Yes, you make sure the price is set BEFORE you get it.

nycVu: From Sos?a, you take one of the Caribe Tour buses to "Los Jardines" stop. From there a taxi to the Centro Leon. If you are going to check out the girls, you can take a taxi over to UTESA or PUCMM and see what's hanging. Or spend the night at Francifol, Baja, or Tribeca. Ot Pops or any of the other places.

From the Airport in Santo Domingo: You take a taxi like Rick says, diddle the price. Go to Caribe Tour or Metro and get a bus to Puerto Plata...Dame deal as above

Hope you have fun...

HB

nycVu

Mar 30, 2004
Why Thank you kind sir...

Hillbilly said:
Santiago has a little to offer you, in the way of big deal, "Oh I gotta go and see that" sights.

It does have the Centro Leon, a beautiful new museum that should be seen. Even the little shop there is worthwhile. And if you have freinds that like cigars, it is a must stop. It is a RD$70 peso taxi ride from the bus stop-Yes, you make sure the price is set BEFORE you get it.

nycVu: From Sos?a, you take one of the Caribe Tour buses to "Los Jardines" stop. From there a taxi to the Centro Leon. If you are going to check out the girls, you can take a taxi over to UTESA or PUCMM and see what's hanging. Or spend the night at Francifol, Baja, or Tribeca. Ot Pops or any of the other places.

From the Airport in Santo Domingo: You take a taxi like Rick says, diddle the price. Go to Caribe Tour or Metro and get a bus to Puerto Plata...Dame deal as above

Hope you have fun...

HB

You sure know your stuff there pahd-na! Much obliged. I just knew there had to be SOMETHING to see there...
I'll definitely drop in for at least a few hours to show a little NY flava. :cool:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
And really, really, really, beautiful girls

Hillbilly said:
Santiago has a little to offer you, in the way of big deal, "Oh I gotta go and see that" sights.HB

All of the Cibao has, so it seems.