Santo medical dominicana warning and others

rio2003

Bronze
Aug 16, 2006
I would just like to wish your wife a speedy recovery and I am glad you can now rest a little more assured.

Rio

laurajane

Bronze
May 23, 2005
www.thecircusofdreams.com
I am so sorry for your experience and it really does make me mad. Firstly if you havent already make an appointment at Cedimat, Plaza de la Salud for an M.R.I scan. I am headed there myself this week and i know you have to make an appointment. But back to the moral of the story, It does upset me to think that should one of our loved ones need help as your wife did or god forbid our children that these people are cold enough not to assist you. Yes yes we should all have good/better insurance but that does not exuse the uncaring, idle attiude of not only medical staff but most service industry staff too. Even if they can not help you they will not even guide you or make a suggestion of where/who to go for help. Most of the time you dont even get a verbal response just a shrug of the shoulders and if you do they tend to just say " i don't know" to save them selves the bother of helping you. Of course in the medical sector this can and probably has had serious consequenses. I hope your wife is feeling better and i do not think you were too strong in your post at all. Sorry i can't help you on the issue of who to contact to complain, and most people may well tell you not to bother as it won't get you anywhere, but i disagree. You must complain even if i does get swept under the carpet, i feel we can't complain about things if we take no steps to at least try and draw attention to certain problems, so don't be put of by the "there's no point" or "the country will never change" remarks that you may hear.