SDO to Boca Chica

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
Could someone give me driving directions from Santo Domingo (27 de febreo y Maximo Gomez) to Boca Chica?

Also is there a bus and where to take it?

Matilda

RIP Lindsay
Sep 13, 2006
Bus is to Juan Dolio/San Pedro and leaves form the 'Metro" for Juan Dolio by Park Enriquillo. Last week it was 70RD$. They go all the time - when one is full it goes.

To drive it is basically a straight line. Follow the signs to Aeropuerto Las Americas and after the airport you will come to Boca Chica. Remember 30RD$ for the toll booth just before the airport turn off.

Matilda

isabelle13

Mar 8, 2006
Thanks Matilda

Then when I get to Boca Chica its a public beach right. Can I park the car somewhere and just go to the beach for the day?

jruane44

Bronze
Jul 2, 2004
A, A
Thanks Matilda

Then when I get to Boca Chica its a public beach right. Can I park the car somewhere and just go to the beach for the day?

There is public parking at the beach. I believe that it is 50 pesos. They actually give you a receipt.

Feb 7, 2007
Well, the Autopista las Americas does not pass throuh Boca Cjica. Your best ebt is to take a turn at the Shell gas station to the right, go straight 'till you get to the beach. Back again, coming from Boca chica beach, make right at Shell to continue to Juan Dolio.

Feb 7, 2007
Where is Parque Enriquillo?

Is it walking distance from Pacos?

Parque Enriquillo: Duarte w/ Ravelo and Jose Marti w/ Ravelo.
Just off Ave Mexico before crossing 25 de Febrero bridge to Santo Domingo Este (Villa Duarte).
Ave Mexico is about 6 blocks north of Parque Independencia and Conde.
You can also walk up from Conde/Pque Independencia on Mella past the firemen (bomberos), Caribe Express and La Sirena to Duarte st. (china town) taking north Duarte, 2 blocks you get to a big ave - that is Mexico - cross it go uphill and then you're right there - Parque Enriquillo.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
quick question.

I usually take a taxi to Parque Enriquillo (that is where you get the guagua to BC right). But one time when i was with a friend we got a cheap guagua ride to the station.

I remember the street that we caught the guagua on...dont know its name but remember it...it runs parallel to el conde and there is that big outdoor produce market on it.

My question is...how to know which guagua will take me to the station?

thanks

RonS

Bronze
Oct 18, 2004
I stopped taking the taxi to the guagua terminal when I found out how easy it was to get a guagua to Parque Enriquillo too. If no one here can give you the specifics, the waiters & waitress at Paco, and the guy to chases away the shoeshine boys, Francisco, will be happy to give you all the info you need about the guagua to the Parque.

jrzyguy

Bronze
May 5, 2004
thanks ron. Like i said...i saw how easy it was when i was with a dominican friend. I could probably figure out how to even walk there as i have done the route many times from el conde and parque indepencia. Next time i will ask at paco. thanks for the tip!