Se jodio lo de Codetel - again!

Chip

Platinum
Jul 25, 2007
Santiago
Chip, what ExtremeR meant was to have the cheapest Tricom Internet service, to be able to run VOIP (Skype, Lingo, Vonage, etc.) over it. You would just change your "routing" instead of a physical way of "making" the call...

I see what you are saying, thanks.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
here is a cheaper way:
Invest in a powerful usb wife modem (500mw) and a dominican custom made super dooper wifi antenna. Put it up your roof and scan for any open routers. Now you will have at at least 5-7 open internet connection. take your pick of the fastest one and use this as your backup. If the connection is stable and fast enough, cut your home line and internet altogether.
here is an example on e bay. This is a simpler version and all in one unit.
1 Mile Range! 37dBm 802.11b/g 2.4GHz WIFI USB Antenna - eBay (item 140268317551 end time Dec-12-09 08:10:22 PST)
AZB

Mar 1, 2009
So let me get this straight, if i am using the DSL service from codetel for VOIP and I am on an important business call, the line will suddenly just go dead? Are you for real, I can't believe it. ExtremeR you think having two dsl lines is the solution? I am not yet living in DR but my business involves my getting a high number of calls from the USA, the line will just go dead, amazing I just can't believe it.

cobraboy

Pro-Bono Demolition Hobbyist
Jul 24, 2004
So let me get this straight, if i am using the DSL service from codetel for VOIP and I am on an important business call, the line will suddenly just go dead? Are you for real, I can't believe it. ExtremeR you think having two dsl lines is the solution? I am not yet living in DR but my business involves my getting a high number of calls from the USA, the line will just go dead, amazing I just can't believe it.
The DSL just goes "poof" for 30 seconds. The phone line is fine.

It's only a problem with VOIP phones using DSL.

I've had to explain to Mom CB that I haven't hung up on her.