Sea Fishing questions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fawn

Dec 22, 2006
Hi, we?re coming to DR to do a little sea fishing. My dear husband:pirate: had a great time in Cabo and he is hoping do his fishing in the Atlantic. He would like to know?
1. Do you need a fishing license?
2. What is the best way to hook up with local guy w/ boat to fish?
3. What is best eating fish for mid February?
4. Can he freeze his fish & check his cooler at airport?
5. Can he fish on the beach by the hotel?

Thanks for sharing.
Fawn

Fawn

Dec 22, 2006
Hi,

The travel agent told hubby he can fish in Puerta Plata since she could not schedule Punta Cana into our vacation schedule. No fishing in the North?

kifler

Dec 29, 2006
You could fish except from what I've read the chances of landing "The Big One" are much less than Cabo.

Fawn

Dec 22, 2006
My hubby is not into catching the merlins. He is more a catch and release angler. He only bring some eating fish home for sharing.

Tamborista

hasta la tambora
Apr 4, 2005
I do not see any charter rates on Aligatour's website.
What do you charge for the boat for a full or 1/2 day of fishing?
Feel free to PM me.

Tambo'

Fawn

Dec 22, 2006
Thanks Jorge.
Tambo, did you get a ballpark prices for their 1/2 day & charter?

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
i know a guy named victor in sosua who runs charters out of sosua.He is from ny and i know personally from my friends who always catch dorado mahi mahi amd wahoo with him.Here is his cell number 809 8805105.Tell him Brian from ny sent you from the internet.He knows what he is doing on the boat and i think the prices are good and include booze and sandwiches.Im going in 10 days. good luck too all.

DRExplorer

Jan 1, 2007
Fishing in DR

i THINK he sharges 80 for 1/2 day.

Who?
These prices are for each person, right?
I would like to go fishing for myself and I have someone who will be joining me as well. This is my new hobby, never caught anything but did a 'Catch and Release' on Long Island.

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
he is a long island guy and is the best in northcost is what i was.I saw some nice mahi he caught from old footos.good luck.im going jan 15 on a 1/2 day/.

Brian

Jan 5, 2002
he is a long island guy and is the best in northcost is what i was.told I saw some nice mahi he caught from old footos.good luck.im going jan 15 on a 1/2 day/.

Status
Not open for further replies.