Seamstress or a tailor needed in Sosua. Recommendations?

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
I have a pair of cloth shorts that have ripped along a seam and need to find someone to repair them. I do not have the the patience or the materials to repair them by hand myself. Should not be a difficult repair due to the location along a seam if someone with some skill or a sewing machine can be found to take on the job. Anyone know of such a place in Sosua? t.i.a.

Astucia

Papa de Negrita
Oct 19, 2013
Take the turn towards Pedro Clisante in front of Papaterra. Next to the barber shop on the left before Pedro C.
Haitian guy is good - he has an old fashioned treadle sewing machine that is powered by foot pedal. so no worries if no hay luce :)

Reactions: LindseyKaufman

rogerjac

Bronze
Feb 9, 2012
Take the turn towards Pedro Clisante in front of Papaterra. Next to the barber shop on the left before Pedro C.
Haitian guy is good - he has an old fashioned treadle sewing machine that is powered by foot pedal. so no worries if no hay luce :)
He was doing some renovations the other day. Im not sure if he is up and running yet.

Cdn_Gringo

Gold
Apr 29, 2014
Thanks I'll look for this place the next time I am out fighting for physical distancing space with the locals. Anyone know if any of the laundry places offer repair services for clothing?

chico bill

Dogs Better than People
May 6, 2016
I have used him and can say his work leaves something to be desired. But if it doesn't need to be 'clean' then he can patch rips

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Ask any woman passing by

Ever wonder how all those varying shapes and sizes have perfect fitting jeans?

In Cabrera- Daniel is the fixer..... absolutely excellent work

JD Jones

Moderator:North Coast,Santo Domingo,SW Coast,Covid
Jan 7, 2016
Ask any woman passing by

Ever wonder how all those varying shapes and sizes have perfect fitting jeans?

In Cabrera- Daniel is the fixer..... absolutely excellent work
^This^

There are few things that stump me but I learned long ago you can ask just about anyone and they will tell you who to call.

Reactions: Cabrereña

chrisgy

Jan 15, 2013
There isn't a good one in El Batey.

In Maranatha, there's a good one next to the colmado Julio Papaleta . Or just ask where is Dashley ( the Haitian sastre), when you enter Maranatha.

Or in Sosua Abajo there is another Haitian guy , I don't know his name but I have used him also. He is on the other side of the street of the big church as soon as you enter Sosua Abajo from the traffic light.

David B

Aug 31, 2017
The guy across the street from Plaza Europa on Pedro Clisante does nice work.

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Just look for a sewing machine...... the man won't be far away...

or

Is asking at Plaza Europa too far fetched ??

David B

Aug 31, 2017
Do you have a name for this place or some other way to easily identify the correct door?

A sign that says "Sastreria." :p It's in the alley directly across from the parking lot of Plaza Europa. He's done work for me a couple of times. I ask him what it costs, and he just tells me, "whatever you want to pay."