Searchers and helpers register

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Azb we are trying to make something positive out of this Darcy experience, i wish you could see that.

What is it so positive that came out of d'arcy's saga? I was in sosua for the past 3 days and witnessed with my own eyes, long time friends are talking trash about each other. Different groups have been formed and mud is being thrown at each other. I am glad I was not part of this search team or I would have been questioned by many as well.
AZB

carolathompson

Oct 11, 2007
Just from the few posts, that say using a public message board is not the way to go, shows how this one ordeal has made people skeptical. The cry wolf syndrome.
I thought it was amazing how so many people got involved to help. Freinds and strangers alike.
I do not live in the DR (yet), hopefully one day in the near future. One of my biggest concerns has been, the fact that I would be there alone and if something happened to me, I would need some plan established, for my family here to feel confident.
I think this idea is fantastic, and when the time comes for me to call the DR home, id be the first to share all info, to a group, that could help me in a time of need. And to be part of a group, that can help someone else if needed.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
If there is the slightest possibility that this thread can become an acrimonious rehash of other threads, I am going to suggest the moderators close it and we forget the whole idea. I have not entered 'slanging matches' in other threads and have no intention of doing so here.

It makes little difference to me personally - I already know where I would turn, on whom I would rely etc in the event of an emergency. The thought was for others not so fortunate or not having lived here long enough to have those support networks in place.

Positive suggestions including reasoned disagreements with the premise of the original post (which is an equally constructive thing to do IMHO) are welcome. Rehashes and fighting personal battles do not add anything to moving the idea forward.

Thank you.

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Go ahead, I will steer clear of this thread. Happy new year.
AZB

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Closed till chiri gets her internet connection back and is able to make a decision on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.