seaweed

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
another bis. op...making money the old fashioned way....taking advantage of a castastrophy.(sp)..some people can see the gold in a pile of manure and others see something to avoid..

Aug 6, 2006
Salt is bad for your lawn, but kelp has a lot of nutrients and trace minerals other than salt. Presumably, the salt water runs off before you use it as a fertilizer.

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
probably better to sell it to tourists and d.r. peeps....be good as salad and good for sandwiches...(lettuce) good for you i hear...and good for a mans you know what... japs seem to eat it and sell it worldwide...

chic

Silver
Nov 20, 2013
Salt is bad for your lawn, but kelp has a lot of nutrients and trace minerals other than salt. Presumably, the salt water runs off before you use it as a fertilizer.

but we are not talking of kelp here...mentioned but seaweed is the main ingrediant.. salt is not good for your lawn. salt water is not good for your lawn...salt water is not good to drink... people die of thirst on a raft floating on millions of miles of salt water...

MikeFisher

The Fisherman/Weather Mod
Feb 28, 2006
Punta Cana/DR
www.mikefisher.fun
we use seaweed as fertilizer since ever here, it works great. a high salt %% in this and also in the water which waters the green stuff did never bother the plants growing near or on a beach.

Mike

william webster

Platinum
Jan 16, 2009
Because of this thread -
I'm off to the beach for a carload and a few sacos of seaweed...
as much as it takes

Free appeals to me and I'll be helping in the local cleanup....

Dolores1

DR1
May 3, 2000
www.
Seaweed wraps
But let us consider this macroalgae problem from a different perspective — are seaweeds really such an undesirable byproduct of eutrophication? Spa-goers pay upwards of $100 for luxurious seaweed wraps, which are said to detoxify the skin.

From ecori.org/narragansett-bay/2013/5/22/seaweed-much-more-than-beach-nuisance.html