Security Message From US Embassy Re Robberies at Intersections in SD

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
There was one some time ago, but I am not aware of anything recent.

wuarhat

I am a out of touch hippie.
Nov 13, 2006
There was one some time ago, but I am not aware of anything recent.

Thanks. That's what I was wondering about, whether the activity they warned about last year is continuing.

notreallyconfused

Feb 18, 2013
The DR has a very long history of men in uniform robbing, even killing, people.
REAL police men have been killed for their firearms, and the crooks often take their uniforms as well.
Therefore, you never know if the guy trying to stop you in the "Green Uniform", is an honest cop, a dishonest cop, or just a crook in a stolen, borrowed, and yes, even rented uniform.
It is always best not to stop on the street.
If you must stop, go into a gas station, supermarket, or Large dept. store, parking lot, well lit,if at night, or a police station.
There are really no "Good Solutions" to the problem, only ways to improve your odds!
CCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

I get pulled over all the time at night. The cops are always on a bike with the headlight out. They are always on lincoln or churchill. Its so hard to tell if they are real. If I see them coming at me either through my rear view or ahead I try to make a run for it. Not because I dont want to pay, but because I am not sure if they are really cops. I have never had a problem, but you never know. Truth is its hard to tell many of these guys apart from the bad guys, not so much for the uniform, but because they all have that hard look to them. The first question out of their mouths? Do you have a gun? My usual answer, brother are you hungry? I pay and go...all the time with my foot ready to hit the accelerator. Its easy to impersonate a cop, and you never really know.

Hernandez

Banned
Feb 9, 2009
The first question out of their mouths? Do you have a gun? My usual answer, brother are you hungry? I pay and go...all the time with my foot ready to hit the accelerator. Its easy to impersonate a cop, and you never really know.
That's why they are doing this. Because you and people like you pay them. I never pay. If nobody pays them, they will stop this sh#t. Every time you pay them, you make this country worse.