Security

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
"Anything Is Better That Suburban Virginia"... You May Live To Eat Those Words!!

If you call the police in "Suburban Virginia" do they respond?? How about the Fire Dept.How about the "Gas" Compaqny,(There is NO "Gas Company" here,by-the-way) Electric Company? Water and Sewer??? You can forget about all those "Services" here! You are on your own to get "Services" here! Want "Health Care"?,Education? Better stay in "Suburban Virginia" if you do!! You think that the "North Coast" is out of the
"Hurican Zone"?:cheeky: Hear about the Earth Quake they had there about 2 years ago?? You should not "BUY" anything until you are here for at least a year,and maybe not even then! Rent! Don't tie-up your capital when it is not necessary! You can find cheap North Coast Rental from people who came here,bought,and now can't sell so they have to rent !
That said,I have lived here for over 10 years,worked for ten years,bought a home 10 years ago,have a Dominican wife and 4 kids! I just think people come here to often with their "Eyes Wide Shut"!!! The "Crime" is definately a big factor here! Be aware!!
Good Luck"! Cris Colon,who will not "Spin" the DR !
PS, Bring "Twice As Much Money"!!! as you think you are going to spend!!!!:ermm:

cork

Aug 23, 2003
help in Sosua

We just made the move in Dec 2005. If there is anything I can help you with, just PM me.

Lambada

Gold
Mar 4, 2004
www.ginniebedggood.com
BTW: I did the same thing.
Decided to move to the tropics and chose the DR, sight unseen.
15 years and counting and still have a smile on my face.

Some can do this, others can't. We only visited twice (a total of 6 weeks) before moving here 14 years ago and like you, Rocky, we still have smiles on our faces (some times more than others.......;) ) I think it hinges around 5 things: your sense of adventure, your self reliance, your humility, your street smarts and your sense of humour. The timid, the dependent, the know-it-alls, the wet behind the ears and those who can't laugh at themselves don't make it........ and we've all seen some of them. :laugh:

Good luck to you, B and A. So far your posts indicate you're scoring quite high on 2 out of 5 and the others will only be tested when you get here.